The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Today I finally finished my 'Green Leader' project. MANY thanks to Dave-G for pushing me down this 41 year quest to have my own Y-Wing.

Along the way I picked up 2 resin kits to go with them.

And then while painting them (I did Gold and Green at the same time), I decided to have a little fun!

DUDE!!

I just discovered this amazing build thread. I've always wanted to add a studio scale Y-Wing to my builds.

Am I too late for this party??

Steve - It's never too late to build a Y-Wing! However you'll have to scratch build/3D print most of the parts. My run of fuselages and other parts is closed.

If anyone is still in the process of building, I have some greeblie sets available here:

STUDIO SCALE 1/24 Y-WING PARTS

header02.jpg

header01.jpg

A little late to the party but this thread has inspired me to start my own Y-Wing. I Started a build thread here.

A question for the group - I'm prepping the armature pieces and cutting the Tee Plate on a CNC. 'Tee Plate.pdf' states 'To Lasercut, Waterjet Cut or CNC use filename "Tee Plate 160305.dxf"'. I searched the Google file share and could not find the referenced dxf file. Is the dxf file still accessible?

A little late to the party but this thread has inspired me to start my own Y-Wing. I Started a build thread here.

A question for the group - I'm prepping the armature pieces and cutting the Tee Plate on a CNC. 'Tee Plate.pdf' states 'To Lasercut, Waterjet Cut or CNC use filename "Tee Plate 160305.dxf"'. I searched the Google file share and could not find the referenced dxf file. Is the dxf file still accessible?

I just looked through my snapshot of the repository, but I can't see that file either.

Thanks vectorzero! Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

I recreated 'Tee Plate.dxf' from the 3D model in Fusion360. I have an svg version now too. I'll package all the files I create and send to DaveG. I'm happy to contribute to the open source repo if he approves.

Hey just a reminder.. my Y-Wing files are available free to use FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. If you want to print sets for yourself that's fine. Under no circumstances do I give permission for anyone to sell, trade, barter, etc. 3d prints made from my files, or parts cast using prints of my parts as the mold patterns!

If you missed out on my cast forward fuselage casting run please contact me. I have other options available!

Last edited:
i'm sorry but i've had several instances of people selling prints from my files for a profit even though I have expressly stated that that is not cool. So for now I have pulled the forward fuselage files.

i'm sorry but i've had several instances of people selling prints from my files for a profit even though I have expressly stated that that is not cool. So for now I have pulled the forward fuselage files.

It's disappointing—albeit, not surprising—that people do that kind of crap. Anyway, sorry to hear it Dave.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back