The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Are there any Parts Maps for the Y like those that have been created for the TIE and Falcon? I did a search and couldn't find anything other than occasional single part IDs.

I think the trick would be to start with the common parts, as several main sections were cast and used on multiple ships and call out noted variations.

Wow, this is amazing! In a totally different legue to my Revel snapfit Slave 1 (haha). Im enjoying it. Its exciting building it with my 3 year old. I might have to save this up for when she is older and hope she still wants to play models with Dad. Just awesome, Have a great day.

I've ID some. Not really sure of the variants more so just the parts in general. I'd be more than happy to share.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

I do not have any knowledge to share for the parts map but I am extremely interested.
I am also extremely interested in the greeblie packs.

I am also extremely interested in the greeblie packs.

Okay, pet peeve of mine... technically the details on this era of models are 'nernies' not 'greeblies'. The N word was the original term used back then. The G word did not come into use until the Prequel Trilogy intentionally to distance themselves from the southern California VFX industry. (God am I a geek or what?!)

Okay, pet peeve of mine... technically the details on this era of models are 'nernies' not 'greeblies'. The N word was the original term used back then. The G word did not come into use until the Prequel Trilogy intentionally to distance themselves from the southern California VFX industry. (God am I a geek or what?!)

Nernie - the act of punching another in the boob.

So... where are we going with this? :lol

Sorry, I almost hijacked my own thread! That's what happens when I spend too much time at the computer and not enough time at the workbench!

We need to make the chin guns too - the ones used on the mini Death Star towers and Vipers...

Do you have any good reference on those? Every picture I have is different. I can model them up and we can 3D print patterns.

I have pics of the parts, raw out of the ILM injection molder :)

Pretty sure we can do it justice. Gimme a few days to get stuff together for ya (I have a cat getting semi-emergency surgery tomorrow for bladder stones, so I'm in nurse mode this weekend)

Sorry, I almost hijacked my own thread! That's what happens when I spend too much time at the computer and not enough time at the workbench!

Re: The Y-Wing "Green Leader" Project - NOW OPEN SOURCE!

Damn, I don't like cats but for some reason, secretly like cat memes. Well, it's not a secret anymore I guess. Still, hope kitty does fine. Now, what do you mean by chin guns? The foward fuselage guns?

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back