Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Hello

Has anybody seen/used those decals yet and can comment on them?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-144-Banda...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

thanks
Uwe

That's Nicholas Sagan's eBay account - you may recognize him from around these parts and other modelling forums. I haven't used that particular set, but I've used his Blue Squadron X-wing decal set, and they're excellent. Perfectly matched to the Bandai panels, and easy to apply. Highly recommended. I would bet that his Falcon set is of similar quality, and I wish that I hadn't recently finished my own Bandai falcon and sealed the decals under clear coat already!

That's Nicholas Sagan's eBay account - you may recognize him from around these parts and other modelling forums. I haven't used that particular set, but I've used his Blue Squadron X-wing decal set, and they're excellent. Perfectly matched to the Bandai panels, and easy to apply. Highly recommended. I would bet that his Falcon set is of similar quality, and I wish that I hadn't recently finished my own Bandai falcon and sealed the decals under clear coat already!

Great, thanks for the info. Will order a set...

cheers
Uwe

Very nice. I think I’ll keep it simple as it’s my first model kit and airbrushing it new to me. I wanted to do a Empire or Jedi version. Shapeways 308 has the round dish. Has anyone use this 3D printed dish?

I'll post these pictures here so I can also contribute, since no one has posted in a while. I may have posted on this thread before, but I'll post the pics anyway.

20180524_184408.jpg

20180524_184721.jpg

20180524_185703.jpg

I have more pics in my original thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255526

Last edited:
Still needs some tweaks, but it's almost done!!

PpNYrhs.jpg

rCivZQI.jpg

I think a flat clear coat it's necessary. I think panel lining is too much for the Falcon

Anyone who's using the supplied stand (specifically, the stand on the TLJ Falcon), do you keep the landing gear on the Falcon or off? I'm debating on keeping it on to make it look like it's about to take off/land.

Hello all,

having been inspired by all the incredible Falcon builds in this thread I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. Here's my WIP Falcon. I've installed two red 3mm LED's in the mandibles, gave the cockpit some basic lighting and used some LED strip for the engine lights. Here are some pics of how it's looking so far. I still have a lot of work to do.

dujrL3P.jpg

94ro5Oi.jpg

B2hstr4.jpg

qplAhTr.jpg

xi5BtSk.jpg

HpYJSYV.jpg

fWuLeNa.jpg

b6FkCdg.jpg

GrChaDW.jpg

I meant to post this yesterday but got caught up in the evening and totally forgot, Happy Halloween!
wfHl3Ko.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back