Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Great Work! I think this looks phenomenal! I'm currently working on this kit myself and waiting for the PG 1/72 myself. The beauty of the Falcon is that it's difficult to get wrong (MHO)...really any model. Building, painting, weathering, displaying, and so on - it's all about how we interpret, and or see the model for ourselves - how we choose to view it/enjoy it. I know there are a lot of discussions about studio scale, movie accurate, color, the right detail, the wrong detail...and all those things are great for discussion, but remember at the end of the day this is your work and how you chose to make it...and honestly, you would probably find that most people would love to have done half as well as you have on this kit. Most of my friends that see my models in person find it hard to believe that I didn't buy it or hire someone to build it for me! LOL... So I get to impress people that have never built models with my limited modeling talents....Anyway, great job and hope to see more of your work!

Great Work! I think this looks phenomenal! I'm currently working on this kit myself and waiting for the PG 1/72 myself. The beauty of the Falcon is that it's difficult to get wrong (MHO)...really any model. Building, painting, weathering, displaying, and so on - it's all about how we interpret, and or see the model for ourselves - how we choose to view it/enjoy it. I know there are a lot of discussions about studio scale, movie accurate, color, the right detail, the wrong detail...and all those things are great for discussion, but remember at the end of the day this is your work and how you chose to make it...and honestly, you would probably find that most people would love to have done half as well as you have on this kit. Most of my friends that see my models in person find it hard to believe that I didn't buy it or hire someone to build it for me! LOL... So I get to impress people that have never built models with my limited modeling talents....Anyway, great job and hope to see more of your work!
Very true! I'm OCD for wishing I could just have the perfect setup or the exact paints or what have you...but all that would do in the end is make it impossible for me to finish anything haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You did an amazing job on the falcon and photographed it perfectly, I wish i had gone slower with mine,top stuff dude
Thank you so much! The biggest thing that I take away from each kit is how I need to be even more patient. Haha

Thank you so much! The biggest thing that I take away from each kit is how I need to be even more patient. Haha

Its so true. Iv been building models properly for over two years now, i use to do it when i was a kid but stopped for years and got back into it when i was 28. sometimes i get eager to finish a model and thats usually when mistakes are made. Obsessing about every stage is how you end up with a truely amazing model and every model i build has more obsession in it. I also try to apply a new technique to every new kit i get, which can end up being a problem as i end up having to repair and fix the things i experimented on in the kits.

I just turned 28! So funny. I started back up two years ago. So far I've completed a custom ESB Stormtrooper, Custom Vader, C-3P0, 2 TIEs, Vader's TIE, AT-ST and the tiny Falcon, and I don't plan on stopping!

Thank you! You can never tell looking at your own work if it's any good

Absolutely brilliant! Would you mind sharing what paints you used for the weathering? I'd like to do a similar "streak look" with the browns etc. I've got the Tirydium Models lighting kit too.

Absolutely brilliant! Would you mind sharing what paints you used for the weathering? I'd like to do a similar "streak look" with the browns etc. I've got the Tirydium Models lighting kit too.
No problem!
The weathering was done with a few things....first was a round of discoloration with oils and odorless turpenoid. After that cured the streaks were done with Starship Filth oil brusher and I believe raw Sienna for the "rust" streaks. After that cured I went in with some vine charcoal and rust colored pastels to add extra contrast on a few if the streaks and other spots. Then I did some misting of Tamiya Smoke in a few areas and a final Matte clear coat mixed with like a drop of neutral grey.

No problem!
The weathering was done with a few things....first was a round of discoloration with oils and odorless turpenoid. After that cured the streaks were done with Starship Filth oil brusher and I believe raw Sienna for the "rust" streaks. After that cured I went in with some vine charcoal and rust colored pastels to add extra contrast on a few if the streaks and other spots. Then I did some misting of Tamiya Smoke in a few areas and a final Matte clear coat mixed with like a drop of neutral grey.

Excellent thanks. I'll do some research into these. What brand do you recommend for the final Matte clear coat? There are a few out there but didn't want to get something that will affect the paint colour.

Excellent thanks. I'll do some research into these. What brand do you recommend for the final Matte clear coat? There are a few out there but didn't want to get something that will affect the paint colour.
Other than the Tamiya Smoke I used Vallejo for everything including the clear coats. :)

This week I'm finishing up my practice run for the 1:72 PG Falcon. I need to add a few greebles to the sidewalls but I'm going for OT so I won't be using all of them.
rhJpOrMh.jpg

uPvznuyh.jpg

I have an earlier 1:144 that went through a Simple Green soak so it will be my airbrush paint test. AS-20 base coat survived intact.
w6XIhTEh.jpg

c4Hb1Lmh.jpg

6Ph3skDh.jpg

Rcd0eh1h.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back