Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Great build Roboted! Going to see the TFA Monday after Christmas with all the kids and the wife - finding it so hard to wait!!!!!

Okay, so I have a few newbie questions that I have not discovered the answer too and I figure who better to ask than all you expert builders! As I stated in HH's MPC thread I have been inspired by him and Roboted to do a kit myself. I found a MPC ROTJ Kit from '89 pictured here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232555&page=4

My questions (just so you know I haven't built a model in 31 years so I am one old newbie) are as follows:

Is there any reference chart showing which kits are 1/72 and 1/144 and what are those model lengths in inches when completed?

Is there a list of places/people we can get kits to convert our stock kits to more accurate replicas?

Is there a definitive color chart for the actual ESB Falcon or the 5' ANH Falcon that modeler's should use to insure accuracy? I watched the DA pt 1 video on youtube and Steve Deszumo said that the correct base color was Tamiya Insignia White. Just not sure if the DA is the do all end all now?

Thanks in advance and I hope these questions aren't annoying!

Lee D

Yes, wash them first as there may still be some wax residue on them.

Just got my round engine vents as well from Tony. These little vents are actually molded open and see thru like the bigger versions!

Yes, wash them first as there may still be some wax residue on them.

Just got my round engine vents as well from Tony. These little vents are actually molded open and see thru like the bigger versions!

pics? I think I'm gonna wait for photo etch vents

Im at work and can't post pics. I will put some up in about 2 hours....

Who is doing PE for this?

That dish looks absolutely beautiful, Astroboy! I use regular dishwashing detergent and give them a mild scrubbing with a soft toothbrush. But for very fragile parts that can break just soak for a liitle while then rinse.

Painting at this scale took a lot longer than I expected. Nonetheless, this will be a very fun build!
IMG_3249.jpg

Has anyone made paint masks for the glass yet?

I don't understand why they didn't include bare frames for the gunwell on this.

I'm predicting there will be a V.2.0 on this kit

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

i just use liquid latex mask from Windsor & Newton works really well for me, just paint it in on the windows leaving the frames exposed to paint
you can see how it worked out for me on my anakin starfighter here 1st anakin starfighter3.jpg 1st anakin starfighet1.jpg 1st anakin starfighter2.jpg
Has anyone made paint masks for the glass yet?

I don't understand why they didn't include bare frames for the gunwell on this.

I'm predicting there will be a V.2.0 on this kit

Looks great, Robiwon. Is that a kit or are you lighting it yourself?

Lighting it on my own. I cant afford the pre made lighting kits. There will be four LEDs (red, blue, white, blinking red) lighting the cockpit, headlights, and landing lights thru fiber optics. The engines are a strip of blue LED tape I pirated from an old aquarium light. The headlights are .75mm fiber optic, mushroomed at the ends for a lens effect.

i just use liquid latex mask from Windsor & Newton works really well for me, just paint it in on the windows leaving the frames exposed to paint
you can see how it worked out for me on my anakin starfighter here View attachment 569332 View attachment 569333 View attachment 569335
Nice work!

They're just so small that I'm a little nervous. I also need to try different masking stuff
I use maskol and it's not a very precise craft

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back