Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Some current photos of mine. still need to klear coat it :)

I added some tamiya weater master for rust and to dull down the exess wash. the decal panels which were ment to look like metal now look like metal haha.

View attachment 560813View attachment 560812View attachment 560811View attachment 560810

Im happy with it. although i could have been a little easier with the wash but hey ho, the weathering really broght it back i think.

I have learnt some valuable lessons for the MPC falcon. DONT USE ACRYLIC HOME MADE WASHES lol
Your maintenance pits look great, when you say don't use acrylic washes ? Did you use enamel washes ?

Your maintenance pits look great, when you say don't use acrylic washes ? Did you use enamel washes ?

I mixed standard tamiya acrylic paint to a high ratio of thinner for a home made wash. I should have used enamel wash, i could have because i klear coated the falcon first.

i was impatient a couldnt wait a day or two for a trip to hobbycraft. Silly me :(

Some current photos of mine. still need to klear coat it :)

I added some tamiya weater master for rust and to dull down the exess wash. the decal panels which were ment to look like metal now look like metal haha.

View attachment 560813View attachment 560812View attachment 560811View attachment 560810

Im happy with it. although i could have been a little easier with the wash but hey ho, the weathering really broght it back i think.

I have learnt some valuable lessons for the MPC falcon. DONT USE ACRYLIC HOME MADE WASHES lol

Awesome looking Faclon :$

TFA Falcon DONE :thumbsup

I mixed standard tamiya acrylic paint to a high ratio of thinner for a home made wash. I should have used enamel wash, i could have because i klear coated the falcon first.

i was impatient a couldnt wait a day or two for a trip to hobbycraft. Silly me :(
yeah I wanted to check if it was enamels as bandai has a touch and go relationship with enamels some modellers have said, I just wanted to know had you tried enamels ,

She starting to look good . DSC00494.JPGDSC00492.JPGDSC00489.JPG

Very Amazing work being done here! Thanks guys for sharing:

Just a quick question, looking at the cockpit windows, what would you guys recommend to reduce the thickness to the window frames?

I was thinking of using my dremel sanding bit and slowly thin it out....any other solutions?

Untitledmf.jpg

P.S. ( I hope pinousse don't mind me using his photo as reference) :)

Just a quick question, looking at the cockpit windows, what would you guys recommend to reduce the thickness to the window frames?

I was thinking of using my dremel sanding bit and slowly thin it out....any other solutions?

View attachment 561126

I think the best way is to use a fresh new scalpel and no Dremel. That's thecway I went.

View attachment 561126

No problem at all ;)

As sqbiedoo said scalpel is also the best way to me and that's the method I will use on the OT one :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 561126

Well I use a dremel for most of my work DSC00454.JPGDSC00482.JPGDSC00488.JPGDSC00492.JPGif you do use a dremel tack yore time with it:cool

I'm using an LED tape strip I pulled from an old aquarium light I had lying around. It was mounted to a strip of aluminum so I was able to bend it to match the curvature of the grill.

Attachments

• 1126152017.jpg
    1126152017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
  • 1129150909.jpg
    1129150909.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 393
  • 1126152015.jpg
    1126152015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 302
I'm using an LED tape strip I pulled from an old aquarium light I had lying around. It was mounted to a strip of aluminum so I was able to bend it to match the curvature of the grill.
Omg ...I love it...please tell me where you got that light...need that for future projects and props
Guy

I had this laying around. There's cheaper alternatives, just plain LED tape would work. This however had a thin aluminum backing. I removed the strip from the plastic housing.

Attachments

• 046798290148D.jpg
    046798290148D.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 326
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Well it arrived , and I got hit for import duty ......anyway
stunning detail for its size , see shot of cheering action fleet figures next to TFA figures
NEW APPRECIATION FOR YOU LADS PAINTING SKILLS
how in the hell am I going to paint these .......:facepalm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back