Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Attachments

• colour map.jpg
    colour map.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 170
Did anyone buy Tony's turret windows? What do they look like installed. Trying to finalize a shapeways order and keep going back and forth as to if they are worth picking up.

Did anyone buy Tony's turret windows? What do they look like installed. Trying to finalize a shapeways order and keep going back and forth as to if they are worth picking up.

The only problem with them is that they sit below the surface, rather than raised above it like the SS falcon
. I'm sure I could have adjusted them if I really wanted to.

I've started some of the paneling.

One thing to note is that when you prime in black, any damage has this little black line around it (as you can see near the bottom where I took my dremel to it) which helps define it a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

And another great thing about this model is how close the plastic is to the base coat. Which means that any damage you do to it will actually actually work out colour-wise.

Last edited:
I picked one of these up for $45. Love the kit so far. Although the cockpit has me a bit upset. Why are the cockpit seats so terrible? It's really a shame that Bandai didn't stick to a more screen accurate representation there. And the only other complaint is how some of the tubing is elongated, or extra thick in certain areas. Bit other than that, it's intricate detail at this scale is unrivaled.

-Kris

Lord I love maskol!!!!

I finally got it to a good consistency. Normally it was too goopy but I think I've mixed it enough that it's like paint.

I've only done the top and I just have the "sand" colour left (as well as that dark panel at the front of the jawbox)

Now it's time for some light deck tan in some spots. I never noticed the square of paint on the top of the jawbox before!

Now we just need some faded yellow......................................crap

I'm still worried about the streaking. I did oils last time, but was never happy. Maybe pigments if I can find the right applicator.

I'm calling this my final 1/144 falcon and I want it to be significantly better than the last one

...just because the dried tamiya-yellow: Does anyone know how long you can keep the tamiya-colors in a proper closed glas? Because i still have some stored over ten years and they look ok, when i open them, but i don't wan't to get unexpected surprises when using them...?

I'm sure I didn't tighten the lid well enough.

Most of my modelling occurs at lunch and coffee break. So I'm the king of airbrushing in haste

What's the yellow for?

J

The two panels near the spot where the cockpit tube meets the centre of the upper hull. Is that not a faded, dull yellow? I have always seen it as such. And there are several spots on the bottom like it too.

Attachments

• 5ft ANH Top View panel map.jpg
    5ft ANH Top View panel map.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 246
Yeah,...it is pretty yellow....but theres tonnes of it flaked to reveal the grey bellow......I've always gone for a more tan shade.....I haven't done my ANH yet, so I'll have to keep this in mind

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 21.42.13.png

...always learning

TFA Falcon on the other hand.......
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 21.52.32.png

J

Last edited:
Yeah,...it is pretty yellow....but theres tonnes of it flaked to reveal the grey bellow......I've always gone for a more tan shade.....I haven't done my ANH yet, so I'll have to keep this in mind

View attachment 607017

...always learning

TFA Falcon on the other hand.......
View attachment 607020

J
I'm not going for Tfa on this. It's actually my least favourite. It's a bit heavy handed. Too dark looking.

This will be the refitted 5 footer from esb/rotj

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back