Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Saw this today. It's pretty big. Outta my price range right now. Sorry i didn't know where to post this
image.jpeg

meaning the studio one they built for Hoth? or the filming models?

I was sitting on the bus scratching my head saying why didn't i think to take a picture of the back, i mean i read it..sorry about that.

I think so......The full scale Falcon in ESB,.....it would be cool,.....but I'd prefer to have the measurements of the studio models

J

A blueprint for the sets they built for the hold/interior would e awesome..especially as it relates to the gun turrets and passages we dont see.

I'll try to take some pics of the book tomorrow...

It's in my "special drawer" at work

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Quick question about the round radar dish. I'm going to assume that it sits relative to the plan of the sidewalls, rather than the hull curvature.

I have the shapeways dish and I'm working on inserting the new radar mount

fraaaaaak.

I just started with my base coat. I had vented a can of AS20 to use in my airbrush. I started very softly and I tested it on a flat surface. It looked fine. 20psi.

I started by blowing the model off with compressed air to get rid of any dust.

Then I started softly around the model and looked what started happening on the detail! It looks like cobwebs!

Has anyone tried the oven cleaner yet on bandai models? I think I need to strip this!

It seems the brush attachment on my dremil is doing a pretty great job.

Should I thin the AS20 a bit? I normally thin all my tamiya paints but I assumed that the stuff from the spray can doesn't need it.

fraaaaaak.

I just started with my base coat. I had vented a can of AS20 to use in my airbrush. I started very softly and I tested it on a flat surface. It looked fine. 20psi.

I started by blowing the model off with compressed air to get rid of any dust.

Then I started softly around the model and looked what started happening on the detail! It looks like cobwebs!

Has anyone tried the oven cleaner yet on bandai models? I think I need to strip this!

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160308_133444_zpsi9yfmxpy.jpg

Why not try a small area on the underside of the model and look for a reaction. My spidey senses tell me a short exposure to most cleaners with work ok, but always test.

I know that decanting spray cans only work well at lower pressures. It looks as tho the paint dried before hitting the surface of the model and collected over it. Did you mix any thinners into the paint. Also did you let the paint completely decompress after removing it from the can? the paint will hold onto some of the dispersing agent in the paint.

Here is a good video recently uploaded about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVnb7_FDrE

That dude has some great videos :)

Why not try a small area on the underside of the model and look for a reaction. My spidey senses tell me a short exposure to most cleaners with work ok, but always test.

I know that decanting spray cans only work well at lower pressures. It looks as tho the paint dried before hitting the surface of the model and collected over it. Did you mix any thinners into the paint. Also did you let the paint completely decompress after removing it from the can? the paint will hold onto some of the dispersing agent in the paint.

Here is a good video recently uploaded about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVnb7_FDrE

That dude has some great videos :)

Thanks for your input.

I did let the paint off gas after decanting, but I didn't add thinners. I made the assumption that because it was from a rattle can, it didn't need any.

And I used that little brush attachment for my dremel to clear up the cobwebs. Worked like a charm

Thanks for your input.

I did let the paint off gas after decanting, but I didn't add thinners. I made the assumption that because it was from a rattle can, it didn't need any.

And I used that little brush attachment for my dremel to clear up the cobwebs. Worked like a charm

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160309_120110_zpseaq19oev.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160309_120059_zpswkdjxh3h.jpg

Thats cool. I thought maybe you did ad thinners which may have caused the sudden evaporation of the paint. You were right not to add any. But hay ho the model looks good again which is good news so no worries. I have had a similar thing happen with normal tamiya acrylic paint but that was definatly down to adding to much thinner and maybe too high of an air pressure.

Its all good for a learning exercise, although very frustrating after it just happens.

BTW,

Does anyone have any pics of the entire 5 footer? There are so many up close detail pics around but I'm about to start taping the panel sections and I'd like some full pics to help out.

I hate going through thousands of the massive up close pics

Yep,.....I'll post some soon after I get the kids to bed

Looking cool Astro,....bet you were sweating?

J

Thanks J,

I'm happy with the paint now. But I'll be honest, It was almost a 50/50 mix with thinner to get it workable.

I have to say, I almost regret priming this in black. Although it was great for my x-wing, it's coming a bit too cool on this bird.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back