Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Pastel weathering. Looks to grubby indoors but not showing up in daylight

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Really liking how pastels work on this. Top side is done..underside to do..prize if you can spot the one hole i made for fibre optics before i chickened out of lighting it :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Gang! My new shapeways cockpit just showed up so I thought I'd post some pics.

It is definitely a different shape than the stock one. Elongated. More ESB, if you ask me. Personally, I don't mind that. I was never big on the cockpit that came with this model anyway. It looked a bit toy-like. Perhaps that was because of the heavy panel lines.

Regardless, I love this one. I slapped a bit of paint on it so that you can see it better, but it needs a bit of sanding still.

The other thing to mention is that because it is a bit longer, the stock cockpit isn't as forward as it could be. Perhaps you would want to spring for the shapeways cockpit interior as well.

I'm not criticising their work at all, but i reckon that would probably look too defined in relationship to the rest of the hull, where the panel lines are a lot softer than on this..

What do you think lads?
I reckon i've gone too far with the weathering..it's taken on a greenish tinge somehow..unless i'm goin blind which is possible..
had barely started the streaks..
111111111111111111111111111.jpg22222222222222222222222222222.jpg

I haven't updated my build here in some time, but I have moved forward with the electronics for the Bandai. The first picture is of the location of the wireless charger coil and circuit board. The next few are of the ramp effect followed by the engine effect and fan effect

Bandai MF power in 01.jpg Bandai MF power in 03.jpg Bandai MF power in 08.jpg Ramp effect08.jpg

Engine effect01.jpg Engine effect03.jpg Bandai MF Fan Mod01.jpg Bandai MF Fan Mod02.jpg

Bandai MF Fan Mod05.jpg Bandai MF Fan Mod15.jpg

Attachments

• Bandai MF power in 07.jpg
    Bandai MF power in 07.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Engine effect02.jpg
    Engine effect02.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang! My new shapeways cockpit just showed up so I thought I'd post some pics.

It is definitely a different shape than the stock one. Elongated. More ESB, if you ask me. Personally, I don't mind that. I was never big on the cockpit that came with this model anyway. It looked a bit toy-like. Perhaps that was because of the heavy panel lines.

Regardless, I love this one. I slapped a bit of paint on it so that you can see it better, but it needs a bit of sanding still.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160224_154027_zpssafueqy7.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160224_154002_zpsrqaiol1q.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums... small falcon/20160224_153843_zpsoaediq96.jpg

The other thing to mention is that because it is a bit longer, the stock cockpit isn't as forward as it could be. Perhaps you would want to spring for the shapeways cockpit interior as well.

I prefer the Bandai one,...the printed one looks odd

J

I'm finished. Just some small touches to do. Managed to break one of the rear landing gear when I was putting the hulls together. Hoping glue will do it. Thanks for all the invaluable help and tips. Some amazing work here. I'm nowhere near that level but on the next one it'll be better.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost finished applying decals on my build and i don't want to see another blooming decal for a few years! lol Although I will say Moebius Models should take a leaf out of Bandai's book and make their decals as tough as these suckers. Amazing how well they hold up to a bi of rough treatment.

Anyhoo, almost to the point where i'm going to start weathering. Used AS-20 as a base coat. Did anyone use a wash to dirty down the hull or did people just hand-weather with pastels? Any suggestions on colours for the wash if one was used? I'm having a hard time deciding what to use.

Thanks in advance.

Almost finished applying decals on my build and i don't want to see another blooming decal for a few years! lol Although I will say Moebius Models should take a leaf out of Bandai's book and make their decals as tough as these suckers. Amazing how well they hold up to a bi of rough treatment.

Anyhoo, almost to the point where i'm going to start weathering. Used AS-20 as a base coat. Did anyone use a wash to dirty down the hull or did people just hand-weather with pastels? Any suggestions on colours for the wash if one was used? I'm having a hard time deciding what to use.

Thanks in advance.
Two things I would suggest :

Do not do a full wash. Use a pin wash and work in certain areas. But don't just coat the whole thing.

And

Don't darken the panel lines

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back