Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Hey lads
can anyone tell me where the red flashes( 104 on the decal sheet) and the black ones are to go? (105 on the decal sheet).

i know i've seen reference shots with them dotted around but there only seem to be two given positions on the bandai.

any help appreciated.

Hey lads
can anyone tell me where the red flashes( 104 on the decal sheet) and the black ones are to go? (105 on the decal sheet).

i know i've seen reference shots with them dotted around but there only seem to be two given positions on the bandai.

any help appreciated.
the red 104's ones are indicated on the instruction as for the 105's i used just two as shown on instructions also, there are many more, something i opted out of but as i discover their locations ill add them.

Good call!!

think i'll ignore them so.. placed one black and one red, only could see one instruction for each so that's ok...all the other smaller ones are on and happy :)

cockpit done..its not great but it'll do..wanted to light this and put BB8 in there..next time maybe.

12736024_10154558553998032_706722006_n.jpg12736269_10154558553708032_1715435306_n.jpg

12736024_10154558553998032_706722006_n.jpg

12736269_10154558553708032_1715435306_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pal showed me a trick with a filter of super thinned down base coat to make all the coloured panels a lot more toned down and less stark.
It definitely warmed up the grey of the base colour and blended the greys in. And took down the Reds a lot I think. Gonna do another light coat in an hour.

image.jpeg

Pal showed me a trick with a filter of super thinned down base coat to make all the coloured panels a lot more toned down and less stark.
It definitely warmed up the grey of the base colour and blended the greys in. And took down the Reds a lot I think. Gonna do another light coat in an hour.

View attachment 593532

I wouldn't get TOO carried away with that. Although it does look good, most of that will come with the weathering and very thinned out spatter near the end

Thanks Astroboy! definitely wont..it was the thinnest of mixes and i'm not even gonna do a full coat on the next one, just gonna try bring some of the coloured panels in a bit 'cos they're popping too much and the red in particular will go god knows where once the weathering starts..into darkness knowing my luck :)

- - - Updated - - -

PS not gonna do any spattering with this..i think it's too small for it?

if i'm wrong(and i probably am) let me know:)

Thanks Astroboy! definitely wont..it was the thinnest of mixes and i'm not even gonna do a full coat on the next one, just gonna try bring some of the coloured panels in a bit 'cos they're popping too much and the red in particular will go god knows where once the weathering starts..into darkness knowing my luck :)

- - - Updated - - -

PS not gonna do any spattering with this..i think it's too small for it?

if i'm wrong(and i probably am) let me know:)
It may be too small. I've been on the fence about that.

This is my 1/48 x wing and I'm very happy with the end result from the spatter. It was VERY light.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239261&page=2

I think using a bit of thinned UN white oil paint for spatter could work really well as a end layer.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

you've just sold me :)

was thinking of doing an X-Wing next:)

she's a beauty, well done!
Thanks! They are pricey. I got mine before the great bandai export ban so it was a lot less. ($70 on hlj)

But considering how much a Salzo SS version would be, it's a great compromise.

Good to get a chance to see this in daylight.
Went too far with the blaster scoring on the bottom left. Hoping I can fix that.
Filter worked a charm though I think.

Gonna weather this by hand. Don't trust my lack of airbrush abilities at all

image.jpeg

Thanks! They are pricey. I got mine before the great bandai export ban so it was a lot less. ($70 on hlj)

But considering how much a Salzo SS version would be, it's a great compromise.

I dont know why but any sites I've seen have all the bandai kits for really cheap. Falcon was the most expensive I've seen (think I got mine for €30?) but the shipping is that again almost.

Definitely getting an X Wing though.

I dont know why but any sites I've seen have all the bandai kits for really cheap. Falcon was the most expensive I've seen (think I got mine for €30?) but the shipping is that again almost.

Definitely getting an X Wing though.

http://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-X-wi...=1455894958&sr=8-16&keywords=bandai+star+wars

That x-wing of mine is the 1/48 version with electronics. It's their most expensive model
http://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-X-wi...=1455894958&sr=8-16&keywords=bandai+star+wars

Like I say, I bought it early and it wasn't nearly as much as it is now

Too far with the exhaust fumes? I just brushed in the relevant directions with a slightly damp brush and then dusted some brown/grey pastel chalk along the streaks so i i can lift it if need be..is it too much though? three different lighting conditions on it

12325437_10154565723013032_1669058811_n.jpg12735783_10154565722938032_467635173_n.jpg12166081_10154565722978032_1320005325_n.jpg

Last edited:
want to start weathering but dont know whether to use acryllics and thinner or chalk pastel & water..the hulls been sealed with a matt model spray..

any advice appreciated

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back