Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon GROUP build awakens! OPEN TO EVERYONE! :)

Which greeblies & panels are so incorrect?....

J

well....there's the "mirrored" sidewall issue and I don't recall the 5' studio model having. And all of the underside paneling is mirrored as well. Again, I don't believe that the Studio Scale models were mirrored

well....there's the "mirrored" sidewall issue and I don't recall the 5' studio model having. And all of the underside paneling is mirrored as well. Again, I don't believe that the Studio Scale models were mirrored

Fixing those tiny issues is 99.9% easier than correcting any Millennium Falcon model released in the past 37 years,....I really don't think the kit is "so" incorrect

J

Last edited:
Just received the kit, and it is glorious. Also received the PE engine grilles, and have Tony's parts on the way from Shapeways.

As a non-expert on the Falcon, I have to say that it would be nice to have a list of mods and parts to be added/omitted (the extra piping/greeblies added for TFA, etc.) in order to convert the kit back into the original STAR WARS version of the five-footer, which is what I plan on doing.

Just received the kit, and it is glorious. Also received the PE engine grilles, and have Tony's parts on the way from Shapeways.

As a non-expert on the Falcon, I have to say that it would be nice to have a list of mods and parts to be added/omitted (the extra piping/greeblies added for TFA, etc.) in order to convert the kit back into the original STAR WARS version of the five-footer, which is what I plan on doing.

Here's my build thread that might help:
Bandai 1-144 Millennium Falcon ANH version

John

Oh, I'm watching that thread with great interest! Still, a concise breakdown of parts which need to be altered/omitted would be useful.

There are a few ANH threads here for this kit if you have a search

There are a few ANH threads here for this kit if you have a search

Oh, I've been digging through all of the various build threads. All's I'm sayin' is that some sort of handy reference for what mods need to be made would be easier than digging though various threads for kernels of info. After all, I've a feeling that a lot of people would prefer to replicate the original STAR WARS version of the ship, since it's the iconic version.

These look cool. Metal plaques for display. Guy over on the FB build group selling them.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Oh, I've been digging through all of the various build threads. All's I'm sayin' is that some sort of handy reference for what mods need to be made would be easier than digging though various threads for kernels of info. After all, I've a feeling that a lot of people would prefer to replicate the original STAR WARS version of the ship, since it's the iconic version.
I think jaiteas is the only one you need to follow if your talking about bandai 1/144 and ANH as far as hull alterations and using shape ways rectenna , as far as I know no one else has taken accuracy to that level , elsewhere are only shape way (which is straight forward)

OK - I just put together this little gem... well dry fit everything. The tolerances are such that it holds together as a snap fit... even though its not.

I left off all the piping and additional surface detail as I am planning to pull it apart and paint it up properly - but I have to say this the best out of the box kit I've ever messed with. I'm still not sold that the port and starboard sidewalls are mirrors of each other in TFA, but even so this little sucker ROCKS. and I just ordered Tony's upgrade for the engine vents cockpit seats, and gunnery frames. I wasn't planning on upgrades for this but I like it so much I went for it. Its gonna be a little gem in my collection.

Jedi Dade

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back