Dresden Files....Bob the Skull... UPDATE....

Wow!!!!

That is some amazing work! I thought about making a Bob skull (huge Dresden fan) but never really did much more than plan. You knocked it out of the park!

I love that Doom box as well.

Damned fine work!
Chris

Thank you! I just wish I had more mechanical or electrical skills as I would have loved to make Bob's skull a talking one with phrases from the show and I also would have liked to been able to craft a pop-up lid and light for the Doom box. *sigh* Ah well... I'll have to leave those ideas to someone else!

Shield-Bracelet-Close.png

Shield-Bracelet-on-Wrist.png

do you sell these?
i am very interested.

i also loved the mini lab. what pateince!! and the time i'm sure was insurmountable...
thanks

Cool! A light-up skull! I'm not very electrically-inclined so mine just is a static prop. I always thought that SciFi really blew it by not only not reneweing the show but by also not doing any merchandising. They couls have sold a gazillion Bob-skulls if they had made 'em. I would have loved to see them market a Bob Skull talking magic 8-Ball type novelty... Instead of just the typical 8-Ball turn-over-and-see-the-reply-in-the-window gizmo, they could have had a skull that spoke sarcastic replies in Terrence Mann's voice! THAT would have been a cool merchandizing prop!

i agree, the "eightball" skull, etched staff, and bracelet would've made great merchandise.:thumbsup
altho i miss dresden and i would like to see a couple of 2 hr specials :rolleyes (are you reading this nick cage!!???!?!?), the fact that they did NOT re-new dresden added to it's charm you know the coolest shows NEVER last. (something to do with lack of interest in anything that makes you think - even a small thought) sometimes that's better. i mean could you imagine how goofy it would be to watch a 10th season of elder-dres wacking at spirits with his inscribed magikal walker? let alone always having his hover-round in the shop. :lol

Dear Dragonmiss. I love your Dresden bracelet. I was wondering if you would mind sharing how you attached the sheilds to the leather?

Heres my Molly's bracelet I made for my daughter.
set-72157625232252320

and my Dresden bracelet as I imagine it from the book.

set-72157625232252320

Thanks

Cindy

My Pictures I hope

Dear Dragonmiss. I love your Dresden bracelet. I was wondering if you would mind sharing how you attached the sheilds to the leather?

Heres my Molly's bracelet I made for my daughter.
set-72157625232252320

and my Dresden bracelet as I imagine it from the book.

set-72157625232252320

Thanks

Cindy

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 175
I epoxied metal tube beads to the backs of each copper piece and then sewed them to the leather band by passing the thread through the bead. It works rather nicely as I glued the tube bead closer to one edge so that the shields can overlap each other.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back