Studio scale Jawa Sandcrawler nearly completed

U87cylon

Been working on this project off and on for a year. The masters were completed by me as well as molding them.
I took a few months off from making the first model due to other projects. The masters reflect the 1977 model and not the special edition version which had two side "doors" missing.
Many sleepless nights went into this project. I'll post an update soon with more photos. Really can't wait to paint this!
The replica should be completed in about a week. The top front casting has a few missed parts but you can see the detail is crisp . I will cast another top and make sure I get those two small parts that I missed in the next casting.
Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 268
Great work. Out of all the models I've built the sandcrawler (Randy Cooper not SS) is still my favourite. The paintings the fun part. I'll be interested to see what you do with the farside of it.

Looking very nice! Are you considering making it an r/c drivable model by any chance? It looks like you are using rubber treads.

The studio models hiden side (away from cameras) was a flat wooden panel with a access hole. I took the liberty to make a panel but make it detailed like the opposite panel. I will take some more photos today. The tracks are resin.
Thanks for looking :)

More photos of the side that isn't seen in the film. Only the center section is not studio accurate due to the studio model only having a piece of plywood with a hole so I took some liberty in making my own center panel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
More photos of the side that isn't seen in the film. Only the center section is not studio accurate due to the studio model only having a piece of plywood with a hole so I took some liberty in making my own center panel.

I think the original had a detailled plate to cover this access hatch, the screws to hold it are still there !

This is an awesome replica, is it R/C ?

It looks to be all resin ? Can't wait to see it painted, it will be very challenging ! :)

No it's not going to be RC. It will be a static display model within an acrylic case. However, buyers can use my castings (kit) and buy their own sherman tank kits (4 needed) and build your own rc system.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back