FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

I love those elastic laces! Can never find those types :thumbsup
Here, I have a place where they sell a lot of elastic bands and these are the best MAG looking i found :)
Unfortunatly they don't have them all black :/

Anyway, the blacks are almost finished, time to move forward with the Whites :)

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

Capture d’écran 2016-12-23 à 17.18.30.png

Capture d’écran 2016-12-23 à 17.18.39.png

Capture d’écran 2016-12-23 à 17.18.47.png

Capture d’écran 2016-12-23 à 17.19.12.png

This is awesome.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=695963&d=1483668405

How do you sew up the base of the cuff?

Sorry i've never answered this question : it is a very long process that I came with. It is not the way they are made on the V2 or V3 but it is clse to it and for me it is all about the result.

I can't really tell you how cause i didn't made a new shoe since my sewing machine has broke :/ and I don't remember how I made this technically :(
I'm sure i'll be able to remember it if I had to make another one and then i'll probably document this - But i won't share it here cause some guy is using all we post here to make poor quality MAGs and sell them for big money... (and he has blocked me from his instagram since i've exchanged some tricks with him. And he is everything but open to critics too - I Know he is reading us)

Can we create "secret threads" visible to only trusted members ?

Cooking something...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RPF Mag 20180303 A.jpg
    RPF Mag 20180303 A.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 444
  • RPF Mag 20180303 B.jpg
    RPF Mag 20180303 B.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 439
  • RPF Mag 20180303 C.jpg
    RPF Mag 20180303 C.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 453
Sewing the SWOOSH? Why? WOW, check out how good you got that seam on that cut in part under the collar.

Sewing the SWOOSH? Why? WOW, check out how good you got that seam on that cut in part under the collar.
I am cooking up something new too.

Apart from the small issue at the top recess, this might be my best version of this part.
aead692dddf0b20d8135fedc5c9d3939.jpg
efdf62425b83fbf2cbf2f2a020ac5212.jpg
a5bbb84b9655ca46e84c33aa95d06323.jpg
7c6a0407fa3fb7b64a4cbfc928fc5fa3.jpg
27d9cda8fbf4b77c26720997e89bd3b6.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Yep the swoosh is not glued to the shoe as usual cause it is not a Usual Mag i'm making ;)
And this one is a test so i made some mistakes that i might correct if i really make the one i have in my mind. (Which is way beyond my knowledge but i can do it with trial and error and a lot of time)

wow, this looks really great ! I'd like to have the tools to make this part too. And the soles...

Yep the swoosh is not glued to the shoe as usual cause it is not a Usual Mag i'm making ;)
And this one is a test so i made some mistakes that i might correct if i really make the one i have in my mind. (Which is way beyond my knowledge but i can do it with trial and error and a lot of time)

wow, this looks really great ! I'd like to have the tools to make this part too. And the soles...

I'd like to get back into a custom made MAG. I have a heap of cool ideas.

This part (ankle buckle) has been kicking my butt for ever and I only recently worked it out. I will do another version soon based on what I learned from this. I actually have 4 on the go right now at various stages. This is pretty much hand carved.

I'd like to get back into a custom made MAG. I have a heap of cool ideas.

This part (ankle buckle) has been kicking my butt for ever and I only recently worked it out. I will do another version soon based on what I learned from this. I actually have 4 on the go right now at various stages. This is pretty much hand carved.
So, are your custom ideas moving forward ?
And the buckle ?
I might get back onto my projects soon :)

So, are your custom ideas moving forward ?
And the buckle ?
I might get back onto my projects soon :)
Yeah, it is all sitting in a box along with all the other parts.

What I actually want to do a is hybrid MAG/Stomper - two part pattern with medial seam and back seam, clean toe, but add the lace strap and twin shin straps. .

Yeah, it is all sitting in a box along with all the other parts.

What I actually want to do a is hybrid MAG/Stomper - two part pattern with medial seam and back seam, clean toe, but add the lace strap and twin shin straps. .
Keep me informed or invite me if you create a thread about this project ;)

As i told Cavx, i found an old unfinished upper in some boxes that I've re-opened after seeing him mess with his MarkPoon Mags...
And here is where I am with theses :

1 Preping the soles and the pattern of the insoles on paper
2 Using the paper pattern to trace the insole
3 create a "poorman's shoelast" from this pattern with thick EVA Foam
4 attach the Tongue onto the upper inside the shoe
5 you can see the fabric / foam layering of the back of the shoe (i took this picture to remember how i made it back in the days ^^)

I sent Cavx some pictures of the process of attaching everything on the shoelast and other things but I couldn't get them from my Instagram sent box... so you can post them here if you found them or send them to me ;)

Attachments

• P1160002.JPG
    P1160002.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 92
  • P1160003.JPG
    P1160003.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 96
  • P1160004.JPG
    P1160004.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 87
  • P1160005.JPG
    P1160005.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 90
  • P1160006.JPG
    P1160006.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 87
  • P1160007.JPG
    P1160007.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 87
  • P1160008.JPG
    P1160008.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 91
  • P1160009.JPG
    P1160009.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
As i told Cavx, i found an old unfinished upper in some boxes that I've re-opened after seeing him mess with his MarkPoon Mags...
And here is where I am with theses :

1 Preping the soles and the pattern of the insoles on paper
2 Using the paper pattern to trace the insole
3 create a t"shoe last" from this pattern with thick EVA Foam
4 attach the Tongue onto the upper inside the shoe
5 you can see the fabric / foam layering of the back of the shoe (i took this picture to remember how i made it back in the days ^^)

I sent Cavx some pictures of the process of attaching everything on the shoelast and other things but I couldn't get them from my Instagram sent box... so you can post them here if you found them or send them to me ;)
Might I suggest you stay clear of dealing with Cavx from this point, especially if you ever consider having him help you or paying him for parts. His reputation here on the boards is toast! He burned his bridges this past year and nobody here is going to support him.

You can read up on the details here:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back