Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

it definitely looks more glossy in the movie.

But we don't know how many versions they made. There could have been one for indoor and one for outdoor, both with different finishes?

suppose we just have to trust Anovos.

I was lucky enough to own an original Michael Myers mask from Halloween and although all the fine details matched up, the colour and finish looked completely different in person.

Yeah there are definitely a lot of things we don't know about the costumes in TFA. Continuity isn't exactly a strenght of Star Wars (I'm talking about the outfits) and it's common that props get damaged during filming (like the ANH Vader helmet).

Here are slightly better comparison shots:
comparison2wsktk.png

It doesn't help that basically every scene with Kylo Ren is dark as hell.

It's so hard to say something looks like this "in the film" and doesn't look like that in person. The cameras capture things differently when things are being filmed. The lighting is usually manufactured, and the way they shoot the scene can make such a huge difference as to how the props appear. Sometimes things that are glossy appear flat, and sometimes flat things appear glossy. It depends so heavily on how it's filmed that until you see the movie prop in person, in natural lighting, you might as well take Anovos' word for it. And like others have said, there isn't just 1 prop they used during the film, so you've probably seen 3 or 4 different helmets.

But you can see if its matt or glossy.And one Kylo moviehelmet is 100% more glossy.The one after the scene where Rey escaped from his torture chamber.Its the same with Vader in the OT.In one scene the dome is glossy..in another matt.You can see it very good in ROTJ..at the beginning the helmet is extreme glossy..and when he talks to Luke in the AT-AT on endor its very matt.

25054243ps.jpg

I would also say that one helmet was not black but a dark gunmetal.Its the one when he talks to Poe Dameron in his chamber.

25054264qv.jpg

And this could be the one from the SW exibition last year.But the details on the mouth is not 100% the same.:unsure

25054270vz.jpg

So you guys see..there could be a lot of Kylo Ren helmetversions out there...and the Anovos Version is only one of them.;)

Last edited:
I'm really not very informed, but it seemed to me like most of the things on display were not heroes. Anyway, just browsing this thread I'd say that unless we had a laser scan, there's going to be a number of different helmets out there. I can see so many differences in all these photos due to lensing alone.

Are there any fan made helmets available for purchase that people find superior to the ANOVOS offering? I don't have the time or talent to mod a BS helmet so I'm looking for a viable alternative. ;)

Edit: Is the Wicked Armor helmet generally considered to be accurate?

Last edited:
Are there any fan made helmets available for purchase that people find superior to the ANOVOS offering? I don't have the time or talent to mod a BS helmet so I'm looking for a viable alternative. ;)

Edit: Is the Wicked Armor helmet generally considered to be accurate?

I have yet to see a somewhat acceptable helmet aside from the BS one... with the holy grail being Anovos. There won't be anything better for quite a while.

Even unmodded the BS one is a much better choice than anything else you can buy at the moment. Of course it depends on your standards and right now you can get a 501st accepted Ren with extremely inaccurate costume parts.
The Wicked Armor helmet one is a nice self made helmet but overall totally inaccurate. The back of the helmet is completely wrong, just like the overall shape of the whole thing.
Maybe it's the best option if you can't get your hands on a BS Kylo but that doesn't mean a lot.

I have yet to see a somewhat acceptable helmet aside from the BS one... with the holy grail being Anovos. There won't be anything better for quite a while.

Even unmodded the BS one is a much better choice than anything else you can buy at the moment. Of course it depends on your standards and right now you can get a 501st accepted Ren with extremely inaccurate costume parts.
The Wicked Armor helmet one is a nice self made helmet but overall totally inaccurate. The back of the helmet is completely wrong, just like the overall shape of the whole thing.
Maybe it's the best option if you can't get your hands on a BS Kylo but that doesn't mean a lot.

Thanks for the response....and for saving me $350 on the Wicked Armor helmet. ;)

Guess I'll have to keep looking for a nice modded BS helmet. They seem to pop up here in the Junkyard from time to time so I'm sure another will come along soon.

Thanks for the response....and for saving me $350 on the Wicked Armor helmet. ;)

Guess I'll have to keep looking for a nice modded BS helmet. They seem to pop up here in the Junkyard from time to time so I'm sure another will come along soon.

I'm no expert, but I'd have to agree. the bs seems pretty damn close. I imagine once the Anovos is released we will see more accurate fan made replicas.

Nice find,Art.Its also interesting,that the "Micro" has the same shape of the detail on the right side like the "Super-Size me".

25136838hd.jpg

Do you have a link to that info? I went on their website and there's no mention of a budget helmet?

Rich

that's strange, looks like they removed it. but it was definitely there. Maybe they released the info by accident?

they probably want to sell more of the premier mask, before offering the cheap one!

btw, the fibreglass helmet is still back up.

I swear! They sent out a press release on the two items earlier today on their RSS feed.

still got the press release, I'll see if I can post a screen grab.
Haha I was just joking. Of course I don't doubt that. Great find btw, $299 is a good price.

That is a great idea.Same like EFX with their ANH Vader ABS helmet.I would be happy to see pics of the plastic kylo helmet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back