Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Europe
    Mar 28, 2016, 8:31 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #101

Holy crap, the helmet looks really fine - can't wait for mine to arrive. Anovos doesn't seem to be able to capture decent photos for their product pages, because the wondercon pictures are absolutely amazing. Apart from the usual trash talk from the Sith Lord Detachment, I think everyone's pleasantly surprised how good and accurate their costumes and helmets look in person. I can only repeat what joshvanrad said.
    If the recent rumors of Anovos involvement with the next SW movies turns out to be true, then people can once and for all stop whining about their output.
    From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Mar 29, 2016, 9:14 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #102

Where are all the pics of this Anovos helmet???? I thought the thread would be flooded with detailed pics of the production helmet by now, especially from you guys who were able to see and touch the thing!

Rich
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Mar 29, 2016, 2:46 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #103

I saw this helmet in person at the con and it's a perfect size! The full cushioning inside is very cool too. It looks so good. Can't wait to get mine! I'll post the pics i took when i get home.
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 29, 2016, 3:21 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #104

ehollywood said: View Post
    I saw this helmet in person at the con and it's a perfect size! The full cushioning inside is very cool too. It looks so good. Can't wait to get mine! I'll post the pics i took when i get home.
    is it heavy?
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Mar 29, 2016, 4:09 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #105

Vandark said: View Post
    is it heavy?

Didn't feel that much heavier then the Black Series.

The pics i took of it

Last edited by ehollywood; Mar 29, 2016 at 9:57 PM.
  6. Cry-Lo Ren is offline Cry-Lo Ren
    Mar 29, 2016, 10:26 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #106

ops sorry guys I forgot there was a kylo helmet thread but here are a few of the photos from wondercon

From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Mar 30, 2016, 4:16 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #107

Great pics! More please, especially of the back! (i just want to make sure i get most of the details on my BS!)

Rich
  8. Official Licensee RPF Premium Member DAVIDYR1's Avatar
    From
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada!
    Mar 30, 2016, 9:57 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #108

I saw it in person, held it in my hands....guys this thing is the BOMB!
    It's a perfect 1:1 scale replica of the actual screen used helmet and they did a phenomenal job with it.
    I - Want - One!
    To those that want to consider my post an endorsement of this helmet, by all means... go ahead and take it as such.

David
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:13 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #109

DAVIDYR1 said: View Post
    I saw it in person, held it in my hands....guys this thing is the BOMB!
    It's a perfect 1:1 scale replica of the actual screen used helmet and they did a phenomenal job with it.
    I - Want - One!
    To those that want to consider my post an endorsement of this helmet, by all means... go ahead and take it as such.

David
    that's great to know. Hopefully the final product will be even better.
  10. Official Licensee RPF Premium Member DAVIDYR1's Avatar
    From
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada!
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:23 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #110

That's obviously an Anovos question, but for me...honestly, I don't know how or where they'd need to improve it. It's pretty remarkable as it is already and as someone who produces large volumes of licensed merchandise, and have a reputation for improving or upgrading products from time to time, in this case I'm not sure it's even something that should be considered.
    It's that good already.

David
  11. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:31 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #111

It's already better then anything out there and you won't look like a bobblehead wearing it either.
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:34 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #112

It's already better then anything out there and you won't look like a bobblehead wearing it either.
    did you see behind the faceplate? is it layered?
  13. Cry-Lo Ren is offline Cry-Lo Ren
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:42 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #113

It is very nice for the price. The only way it could be better is if they made it so that the face plate comes off like in the movie but sadly it doesn't.
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:44 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #114

did you see behind the faceplate? is it layered?
    It looked layered
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 30, 2016, 11:48 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #115

It looked layered
    Great, thanks! can't wait! (although I suspect we will)
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Mar 30, 2016, 2:21 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #116

Great, thanks! can't wait! (although I suspect we will)
    You will not be disappointed when you see this in hand. I would've bought and taken one right then and there if i could lol. It actually looked a tad smaller then the black series helmet which is perfect for me.
    Mar 30, 2016, 3:37 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #117

Nvm... it's a significant step back from prototype. The chrome accent got a lot thicker with less variation of high and low spots (especially the left cheek) and the mouth pieces look like two completely different finishes. The thicknesses of mouth pieces make it look more cartoonish/CG as well. Talk all the **** you want about what I just said but it got "worse". Mine will most likely look better... say whatever you want about that too, but actions speak louder than words...
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 30, 2016, 6:44 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #118

event said: View Post
    Nvm... it's a significant step back from prototype. The chrome accent got a lot thicker with less variation of high and low spots (especially the left cheek) and the mouth pieces look like two completely different finishes. The thicknesses of mouth pieces make it look more cartoonish/CG as well. Talk all the **** you want about what I just said but it got "worse". Mine will most likely look better... say whatever you want about that too, but actions speak louder than words...
    what do you mean about the chrome accent?
    Mar 30, 2016, 7:38 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #119

what do you mean about the chrome accent?
    Should I have said metallic fillery or detail? Not sure what else I could possibly mean by what I said given the context.
  20. Cry-Lo Ren is offline Cry-Lo Ren
    Mar 30, 2016, 7:42 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #120

Should I have said metallic fillery or detail? Not sure what else I could possibly mean by what I said given the context.

and you know this based off computer screen shots??? unlike anovos where they had access to the original prop.

If you say so man as long as you are happy with yours and im happy with mine.
    From
    U.K.
    Mar 30, 2016, 7:42 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #121

no, thought maybe you meant the paintwork looked thicker.

the actual thickness looks the same as the prop and prototype to me. but I agree from certain angles it looks thicker, but it could just be the lighting.

I think the lighting has a lot to do with how it looks in the Wondercon photos.
    Mar 30, 2016, 8:01 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #122

Cry-Lo Ren said: View Post
    and you know this based off computer screen shots??? unlike anovos where they had access to the original prop.

If you say so man as long as you are happy with yours and im happy with mine.
    I love the fall back of "you've only seen pictures", as if some of the most accurate props aren't made from just that. Many of which are from members on here. Maybe step out of the Ren section and see what people are capable of? In the same vein, just because someone has something in their hands, doesn't mean they can replicate it accurately. No matter how much time and money they have. It comes down to desire and ability.

Also it's a cast of a prop made by looking at another prop, screen used or not (possibly just images of said prop as well...). The prototype looks good, not as good as the Disney celebration version but really good. This one looks like someone bought the prototype and did an acceptable cast of it and marketed it as their own. It looks like they beefed up areas for strength. Lighting and angles has nothing to do with it. It's clear and obvious. Some areas that should be wafer thin are thick and other areas that should be flat to concave are bulbous. If you or anyone else can't see that, idk what to say.

I hope whatever version you receive look more like the prototype. This one looks more like a knock-off of it.
    Last edited by event; Mar 30, 2016 at 8:06 PM.
  23. Cry-Lo Ren is offline Cry-Lo Ren
    Mar 30, 2016, 8:09 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #123

To each their own. Yes you are correct some of the most amazing and accurate props have been made here be members and I am not saying someone here can not make one better as I am sure they can I am simply saying how is your more accurate? but then again that is a argument that neither can win since neither of us have actually seen the real one in person.

And plus there is always the fact that that the wondercon helmet is not final product.

*Kylo Ren Premier Helmet Accessory: Pre-order window closed.Final pre-production sample approval in progress. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

Thus its still in progress of approval and can always be denied and sent back for alterations.

EDIT: I now see what you are talking about after going back and seeing the prototype photo. hmmm different indeed.

I love the fall back of "you've only seen pictures", as if some of the most accurate props aren't made from just that. Many of which are from members on here. Maybe step out of the Ren section and see what people are capable of?

Also it's a cast of a prop made by looking at another prop, screen used or not (possibly just images of said prop as well...). The prototype looks good, not as good as the Disney celebration version but really good. This one looks like someone bought the prototype and did an acceptable cast of it and marketed it as their own. It looks like they beefed up areas for strength. Lighting and angles has nothing to do with it. It's clear and obvious. Some areas that should be wafer thin are thick and other areas that should be flat to concave are bulbous. If you or anyone else can't see that, idk what to say.

I hope whatever version you receive look more like the prototype. This one looks more like a knock-off of it.
    Last edited by Cry-Lo Ren; Mar 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM.
    Mar 30, 2016, 8:16 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #124

Cry-Lo Ren said: View Post
    To each their own. Yes you are correct some of the most amazing and accurate props have been made here be members and I am not saying someone here can not make one better as I am sure they can I am simply saying how is your more accurate? but then again that is a argument that neither can win since neither of us have actually seen the real one in person.

And plus there is always the fact that no one said that the wondercon helmet was the final product. If you check the anovos update page

*Kylo Ren Premier Helmet Accessory: Pre-order window closed.Final pre-production sample approval in progress. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

Thus its still in progress of approval and can always be denied and sent back for alterations.
    The entire point of my post was THIS helmet. Try reading my posts again as well. I never said mine was more accurate; it's not even done. I just said it will most likely be more accurate than this one and I base that on things you'd just dismiss anyway, things I already mentioned.

Idk is buyers remorse making people's eyes go red anytime someone doesn't gush over any Anovos pics? Since when is criticism always biased commentary or blind hate?
  25. RPF Premium Member Stormy320's Avatar
    From
    Pasadena, CA
    Mar 30, 2016, 8:17 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #125

If you're looking for negativity and know it alls, just go to any Internet forum.