Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

General shape looks wrong. Missing scratches and dents in the faceplate and helmet. Terrible lack luster paint job on both the black and chrome... Meh. Ill be sticking with a modified Black Series for the time being. Anyone remotely competent can turn it from a "toy" into a solid prop replica, for a fraction of the price.

That's not to say I don't like it. If they offered a raw kit, I'd absolutely be down for one right now... As it stands though I'll likely get one second hand (somewhere around 2024 going by their current scheduling!) and give it a much needed repaint.

12182438_10153338560353565_7090539115872452724_o.jpg

12191490_10153338560333565_7399034984413350094_n.jpg

Gorgeous Helmet!!!
I've always loved Vader, and Maul was sick....but way under used. Not to mention killed off way too soon. I know, blah blah blah....but if Vader and Maul had a kid of their own ;) yea it would be Kylo Ren. Great looking character and I love what Anovos has done. I absolutely would love to own one.
As for the price....sure I could get helmet for less, but this is a real prop and by all accounts as real as what was worn on screen. As cool as the Target helmets are they're not quite this here, obviously two different means of construction and purpose. Not to mention end consumer. It's like comparing a VW Bug to a Corvette. Both are cars and both will get you from A - B ....but the Bug is not a Vette. Sorry, weird analogy but you get my drift. ;)
Lovely work Anovos. Big thumbs up here.

David

It's not a hunk of plastic either it's made from fiberglass and fully finished and ready to wear. I don't think the price is that bad for their premier line, and as said before they have over head that Hobby prop makers don't not to mention advertising and all the rest. Hell the fiberglass Don Post Vader helmet cost more didn't it? And that was almost 20 years ago!

Last edited:
Updated pics look a lot better. The white background was very unflattering.

Still have a few issues with it, such as the paint job and pack of scratches and dents in certain areas.... I would really love a kit version however.

Last edited:
They blacked out the background and eliminated some of the point of view pictures from the gallery. Can't say the actual helmet is different from original pictures they posted. I still love the way it looks though. Not being good with making helmets or painting them, the cost of Anovos' Kylo would be in line with getting a fan made one and having it painted by someone else. You'll just get it a lot quicker than from Anovos. Here are some pictures from original posting

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759689.382339.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759700.652069.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759711.173807.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759725.530614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this one is tempting. If it weren't for wanting to wait to actually see the movie before I start buying TFA related items and the fact Anovos still hasn't actually put out any SW products (that I'm aware of) yet, I'd be more apt to jump on this. I've been waiting over a year for eFX's d@mn scout helmet and would rather not have my money floating out there indefinitely for yet another product.

Gorgeous, but...I think I'd want to make sure the movie doesn't suck before dropping that kind of cash! If he gets bumped into a sarlaac pit or gets cut in half by the slowest jedi ever it's gonna be a downer :p

The Black Series lid and RPF kits are for collectors on a limited budget, both great options and I'm happy they are available.

That being said...
Us prop collectors always want to see high-end, official replicas of our favorite props. That can't be done unless the license holders fork out a ridiculous sum of money for licensing costs in addition to footing the bill for all R&D plus manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs and marketing, warehouse storage....I'm sure the list goes on.
Point is, companies like Anovos don't want to make Thier items hard to afford, it's simply a necessary "evil" in getting it made and released in the first place.
These guys don't want to go under like so many license holders before them, so they have to turn a profit not just to stay in business, but to invest in future licenses.

I agree the price is steep. Considering the pedigree of the product and the quality record of the company, I have no doubt this will be a good seller for Thier high-end buyers.

For everyone else, I suspect a standard line WILL eventually be released and of course, the before mentioned Black Series lid is ripe for mods and possibly an RPF run of mod kits.

I finally got a response and there are no plans currently for a standard line. So it looks like this is it from anovos at least.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back