Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Official Licensee RPF Premium Member DAVIDYR1's Avatar
    From
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada!
    Nov 5, 2015, 10:30 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #26

Gorgeous Helmet!!!
    I've always loved Vader, and Maul was sick....but way under used. Not to mention killed off way too soon. I know, blah blah blah....but if Vader and Maul had a kid of their own yea it would be Kylo Ren. Great looking character and I love what Anovos has done. I absolutely would love to own one.
    As for the price....sure I could get helmet for less, but this is a real prop and by all accounts as real as what was worn on screen. As cool as the Target helmets are they're not quite this here, obviously two different means of construction and purpose. Not to mention end consumer. It's like comparing a VW Bug to a Corvette. Both are cars and both will get you from A - B ....but the Bug is not a Vette. Sorry, weird analogy but you get my drift.
    Lovely work Anovos. Big thumbs up here.

David
    From
    Chicago
    Nov 5, 2015, 10:49 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #27

It's not a hunk of plastic either it's made from fiberglass and fully finished and ready to wear. I don't think the price is that bad for their premier line, and as said before they have over head that Hobby prop makers don't not to mention advertising and all the rest. Hell the fiberglass Don Post Vader helmet cost more didn't it? And that was almost 20 years ago!
    Last edited by Chicagovader; Nov 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
    From
    L.A.
    Nov 5, 2015, 10:53 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #28

Updated pics look a lot better. The white background was very unflattering.

Still have a few issues with it, such as the paint job and pack of scratches and dents in certain areas.... I would really love a kit version however.
    Last edited by Mr Mold Maker; Nov 18, 2015 at 8:35 PM.
    Nov 5, 2015, 4:42 PM - Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #29

They blacked out the background and eliminated some of the point of view pictures from the gallery. Can't say the actual helmet is different from original pictures they posted. I still love the way it looks though. Not being good with making helmets or painting them, the cost of Anovos' Kylo would be in line with getting a fan made one and having it painted by someone else. You'll just get it a lot quicker than from Anovos. Here are some pictures from original posting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759689.382339.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	551401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759700.652069.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	551402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759711.173807.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	551403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759725.530614.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	551404

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nov 5, 2015, 5:24 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #30

Well this one is tempting. If it weren't for wanting to wait to actually see the movie before I start buying TFA related items and the fact Anovos still hasn't actually put out any SW products (that I'm aware of) yet, I'd be more apt to jump on this. I've been waiting over a year for eFX's d@mn scout helmet and would rather not have my money floating out there indefinitely for yet another product.
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Nov 5, 2015, 6:25 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #31

Name:	PicMonkey Collage.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	551435
    Just a quick comparison with the Anovos and trailer shot at (almost) the same angle.
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Nov 5, 2015, 6:44 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #32

I wish Anovos would extend the tier 1 pricing until the end of the year. I love the detail and battle damage.
    Nov 5, 2015, 7:08 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #33

Looks great, the price needs some work. I'm all for someone making a profit but this is a little out of line.
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    Nov 6, 2015, 6:43 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #34

Gorgeous, but...I think I'd want to make sure the movie doesn't suck before dropping that kind of cash! If he gets bumped into a sarlaac pit or gets cut in half by the slowest jedi ever it's gonna be a downer :P
    From
    MN, United States
    Nov 6, 2015, 9:31 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #35

cayman shen said: View Post
    Gorgeous, but...I think I'd want to make sure the movie doesn't suck before dropping that kind of cash! If he gets bumped into a sarlaac pit or gets cut in half by the slowest jedi ever it's gonna be a downer :P
    C'mon, why do you have to dog on us Dented Helmet guys?
  11. ArtisanFX RPF Premium Member GeneralFROSTY's Avatar
    Nov 8, 2015, 8:44 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #36

The Black Series lid and RPF kits are for collectors on a limited budget, both great options and I'm happy they are available.

That being said...
    Us prop collectors always want to see high-end, official replicas of our favorite props. That can't be done unless the license holders fork out a ridiculous sum of money for licensing costs in addition to footing the bill for all R&D plus manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs and marketing, warehouse storage....I'm sure the list goes on.
    Point is, companies like Anovos don't want to make Thier items hard to afford, it's simply a necessary "evil" in getting it made and released in the first place.
    These guys don't want to go under like so many license holders before them, so they have to turn a profit not just to stay in business, but to invest in future licenses.

I agree the price is steep. Considering the pedigree of the product and the quality record of the company, I have no doubt this will be a good seller for Thier high-end buyers.

For everyone else, I suspect a standard line WILL eventually be released and of course, the before mentioned Black Series lid is ripe for mods and possibly an RPF run of mod kits.
  12. RPF Premium Member
    Nov 9, 2015, 2:12 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #37

I finally got a response and there are no plans currently for a standard line. So it looks like this is it from anovos at least.
    From
    U.K.
    Nov 16, 2015, 6:36 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #38

do you think anovos is likely to do any black Friday deals on this?
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nov 17, 2015, 12:22 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #39

Vandark said: View Post
    do you think anovos is likely to do any black Friday deals on this?

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 12.22.06 AM.png 
Views:	388 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	555799
    From
    U.K.
    Nov 17, 2015, 12:23 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #40

Thain said: View Post

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 12.22.06 AM.png 
Views:	388 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	555799
    thanks for that.
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Nov 29, 2015, 2:03 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #41

Just bought the Kylo bucket with the coupon code I got for buying a keychain from Anovos, lol.

If anyone is interested, here's the code:
    HLFX-UMQJ-CBHR

It's good until December 13, but if you want Kylo at Tier 1 pricing then you have until tomorrow.

Make sure to pay it forward and post your 10% code so the next person can use it. Happy Holidays!
    From
    Houston
    Nov 29, 2015, 5:25 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #42

If I had the dough to grab one of these I would do it in a heartbeat, just so I can have the satisfaction of comparing it to my modded out black series helm, just to see how close I got. I do have to agree this is a high end replica and is not marketed for every day folk, I'm just happy to use the pics as reference material.
    From
    U.K.
    Nov 29, 2015, 5:28 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #43

I gave in and bought one... expensive, but what the hell, it's the new Vader!

still got the Black on order too.
    From
    Houston
    Nov 29, 2015, 6:08 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #44

Hahaha I went the opposite (easier on the wallet) route, I got the black first, then I'll get the anovos later. (the lies I tell myself)

I gotta agree, kylo IS definitely the new Vader. Right from the first pics and the first trailer I just gravitated towards the character. They got the look of that helmet spot on. Imo
    From
    U.K.
    Nov 29, 2015, 6:32 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #45

Jamestan said: View Post
    Hahaha I went the opposite (easier on the wallet) route, I got the black first, then I'll get the anovos later. (the lies I tell myself)

I gotta agree, kylo IS definitely the new Vader. Right from the first pics and the first trailer I just gravitated towards the character. They got the look of that helmet spot on. Imo
    I just couldn't pass up on the cheaper price and I guess I could always cancel it If I change my mind.

the Black series helmet is looking difficult to get hold of in the UK, with all the suppliers giving different and ever changing release dates.
    From
    Germany
    Nov 30, 2015, 8:42 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #46

GeneralFROSTY said: View Post
    The Black Series lid and RPF kits are for collectors on a limited budget, both great options and I'm happy they are available.

That being said...
    Us prop collectors always want to see high-end, official replicas of our favorite props. That can't be done unless the license holders fork out a ridiculous sum of money for licensing costs in addition to footing the bill for all R&D plus manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs and marketing, warehouse storage....I'm sure the list goes on.
    Point is, companies like Anovos don't want to make Thier items hard to afford, it's simply a necessary "evil" in getting it made and released in the first place.
    These guys don't want to go under like so many license holders before them, so they have to turn a profit not just to stay in business, but to invest in future licenses.

I agree the price is steep. Considering the pedigree of the product and the quality record of the company, I have no doubt this will be a good seller for Thier high-end buyers.

For everyone else, I suspect a standard line WILL eventually be released and of course, the before mentioned Black Series lid is ripe for mods and possibly an RPF run of mod kits.
    But are the Anovos pieces really in the same quality like the old MR and EFX props?
    From
    U.K.
    Nov 30, 2015, 8:51 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #47

Kroenen77 said: View Post
    But are the Anovos pieces really in the same quality like the old MR and EFX props?
    well, the last two things I bought from Master Replicas, the Rocketeer helmet and the ROTS Vader helmet were both recalled due to quality control problems, so I dont think Anovos have much to live up to!
    From
    Germany
    Nov 30, 2015, 10:17 AM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #48

Vandark said: View Post
    well, the last two things I bought from Master Replicas, the Rocketeer helmet and the ROTS Vader helmet were both recalled due to quality control problems, so I dont think Anovos have much to live up to!
    I dont think so.I have the MR ROTS Vader,the MR ROTS LE sword and I had a lot more in the past.All perfect made.But Im not talking about defect products that you can send back to get a new one.Im talking about the overall Quality...Anovos is a factory for costumes and not for High end Replicas with plaques and Displaycases like MR and EFX.Im looking on their Vader...not really a sharp cast...not the originalshape under the dome(because better fitting as a costume)..wrong lenses.I would not say that you can set it in one row with the MR ROTS or the EFX ANH.Its a great costumepiece but not a accurate replica of the Originlhelmet.That was my question.Here in germany the Kylohelmet costs 900$...worth the price for only a costumepiece?
  24. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Nov 30, 2015, 12:04 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #49

MR were never 100% either. They were idealized and often made from higher grade materials for the higher price-point.
    Nov 30, 2015, 8:30 PM - Re: Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!! #50

ordered mine today, I wanted to get in before the price jump. Looking forward to it.