Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

As some had already said but others have ignored, the dents were part of the sculpt and therefore nearly identical on every helmet. There is a variable of the textured paint and weathering between helmets but not much at all.
The faceplate does indeed vary helmet to helmet depending on how it was cut.
I've noticed the dents vary slightly in position and size between the black/anovos/propshop.

I also seem to remember Anovos saying something about refining the placement of the damage.

I know it's supposedly accurate, but that particular copy looks a bit messy.

it's got some big gaps around the chrome section and the faceplate looks like it's slightly wonky.

Also, the black paint looks blotchy, like it's been sprayed with a can that's about to run out and started spluttering.

personally I'd prefer something slightly more idealised.

Yeah, I'd be really disappointed if I were him. The wavy uneven spacing and depth of the forehead area is really sloppy. Great finish on metalized parts and I prefer the sharper edges overall over the pics from site but yeesh.

Actually I was just going off screen grabs I saw before... these tested images show way more offenses... for 2k this helmet is a pile.

So, ANOVOS just stuck it to customers again and announced that they're cancelling the Standard line helmet so if you want one of their helmets you'll have to shell out over $700 for the Premier line. They really are a joke of a company at this point. They deliver stuff months or even years late and when they do the items aren't even screen accurate. Take a look at the Vader helmet that was FINALLY just released...it's a dumpster fire! Glad I decided not to wait for a helmet from ANOVOS and decided to get a Black Series helmet professionally modified.

Yeah pretty ridiculous. I had the premier line ordered when they first released it. I cancelled my pre order last week. Too a week to get a full refund but I'm glad I did it. Waaaaay too many fan made helmets out there that are half the price and you don't have to wait 5 years to get it

So, ANOVOS just stuck it to customers again and announced that they're cancelling the Standard line helmet so if you want one of their helmets you'll have to shell out over $700 for the Premier line. They really are a joke of a company at this point. They deliver stuff months or even years late and when they do the items aren't even screen accurate. Take a look at the Vader helmet that was FINALLY just released...it's a dumpster fire! Glad I decided not to wait for a helmet from ANOVOS and decided to get a Black Series helmet professionally modified.

Honestly, I'm relieved.

I was back and forth whether to get it or not... then the delay...

I cancelled and decided I would wait and see.

Now I know.

I'm out! :ninja

I have the Anovos Standard on preorder here at a german toydealer... with no deposit and a modded Black Series in my glasscase.So its no stress for me to wait when it arrives one day.

I have the Anovos Standard on preorder here at a german toydealer... with no deposit and a modded Black Series in my glasscase.So its no stress for me to wait when it arrives one day.

According to the information from ANOVOS at Celebration, the Standard line helmet has been cancelled. They will either let customers have a refund or let them upgrade to the Premier line helmet. Guess they didn't want to give people a nice helmet at a reasonable price and want them to fork out over $700 for one instead.

Thanks for the info.I´m not a so big fan of Kylo Ren that I would spend so much money for a helmet.For a great Vaderhelmet ok..but not for a Kylo.
So I think I´m happy with my modded Black Series.;)

26242979fq.jpg

Last edited:
According to the information from ANOVOS at Celebration, the Standard line helmet has been cancelled. They will either let customers have a refund or let them upgrade to the Premier line helmet. Guess they didn't want to give people a nice helmet at a reasonable price and want them to fork out over $700 for one instead.

The run was cancelled due to lack of interest, and if it wasn't going to be financially viable to set everything up then they're within their rights to pull it. It's not about forcing people to buy the more expensive one, if they wanted to do that they wouldn't have ever even offered the standard version in the first place. They offered it, and clearly it wasn't as 'desired' as both they, and some in the community thought it would be. They've had to drop products for lack of interest before (an imperial officer variant I believe) so it's not unheard of.

People who had already ordered the standard are being given the option of a refund or a $260 upgrade to the premier version, which puts it close to tier 1 pricing. With the coupon from celebration that gets the price down closer to $500 which is a steal given what people are paying for modded black series helmets (upwards of $300) or for something like an adil ($400 unfinished, and as high as $800-900 for a professionally finished one), neither of which will ever be as accurate.

I get that it's not an ideal situation, but they've explained why it happened and offered options to the affected customers that are more than reasonable, so it is what it is.

The run was cancelled due to lack of interest, and if it wasn't going to be financially viable to set everything up then they're within their rights to pull it. It's not about forcing people to buy the more expensive one, if they wanted to do that they wouldn't have ever even offered the standard version in the first place. They offered it, and clearly it wasn't as 'desired' as both they, and some in the community thought it would be. They've had to drop products for lack of interest before (an imperial officer variant I believe) so it's not unheard of.

People who had already ordered the standard are being given the option of a refund or a $260 upgrade to the premier version, which puts it close to tier 1 pricing. With the coupon from celebration that gets the price down closer to $500 which is a steal given what people are paying for modded black series helmets (upwards of $300) or for something like an adil ($400 unfinished, and as high as $800-900 for a professionally finished one), neither of which will ever be as accurate.

I get that it's not an ideal situation, but they've explained why it happened and offered options to the affected customers that are more than reasonable, so it is what it is.

I don't believe for a second it was cancelled due to lack of interest...I think it's just another example of a company that is constantly finding new ways to irritate their customers.

Also, I've seen a few modded Black Series helmets that look a helluva lot better than the ANOVOS offering. Just look for Richard Campbell's mods on the Knights of Ren FB page. It's the best looking Kylo Ren helmet out there.

if you want to believe that, fine, that's your own misguided, immature choice.

Buying into KJ's rants on the FB group doesn't mean what he's saying is the truth. He's been told by people who work or Anovos that he's wrong, and he's been told to stop spreading misinformed opinions as fact, something you should probably consider doing as well.

and yeah I've seen lots of great mods to the black series, it's a nice base, but it's also a flawed base, and won't ever be as accurate as the anovos or prop shop versions, no matter the modifications done to it.

I tend to stay away from this ANOVOS argument, however I will chime in in this instance. To think that a company, be it EFX, ANOVOS, whoever, would start to create some amazing products at a pretty decent price, relative to the a) quality, b) licensing fees they pay to be able to do so, c) pay their employees, only to spend a fortune on R&D, marketing etc only to find ways to **** their customers off and then not offer a product is simply ridiculous. Do you expect anyone of those >insert number of employees< to be paid when the company puts a tonne of money into getting these projects into development and then to just cancel the run? Where does this money to do so come from? And that's just looking at covering the cost of labour, let alone materials and everything else that actually goes into getting one item into production.
I'll agree it sucks that ANOVOS won't be honouring those customers who've paid for the item to create and ship it, however I believe they're well justified if the lack of interest (for making molds specifically for injection molding and then getting them injected molded - do we know if that's outsourced? They might even have to cover costs to even get the item made externally, who knows) for an item isn't enough to cover costs to actually make a run successful. Same goes for runs here, if there isn't enough interest, sometimes a run can't happen due to material cost and time/labour, that's the way it is.
/rant

if you want to believe that, fine, that's your own misguided, immature choice.

Buying into KJ's rants on the FB group doesn't mean what he's saying is the truth. He's been told by people who work or Anovos that he's wrong, and he's been told to stop spreading misinformed opinions as fact, something you should probably consider doing as well.

and yeah I've seen lots of great mods to the black series, it's a nice base, but it's also a flawed base, and won't ever be as accurate as the anovos or prop shop versions, no matter the modifications done to it.

Oh, it's immature if someone disagrees with you? Nice attitude, ANOVOS shill boy. :rolleyes

And like I said I'll take Richard Campbell's modified BS helmets over ANOVOS any day of the week. I'm done arguing with you about it now!

Oh, it's immature if someone disagrees with you? Nice attitude, ANOVOS shill boy. :rolleyes

And like I said I'll take Richard Campbell's modified BS helmets over ANOVOS any day of the week. I'm done arguing with you about it now!

Cheers, thanks for confirming. Have a great day.

I heard mention that parts of the Anovos helmet will be made from flexible rubber, like the screen used mask.

Is this true?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Surprised it took so long for people to figure that one out.... These pieces here are rubber on the screen used helmets... Not sure if Anovos will be replicating it though.. Not sure if Propshop has either?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back