Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

The real world helmet does not change.. They made a master, molded it, and cast all the production helmets. The sculpted details are all exactly the same.
The film used a CGI helmet for many scenes and that's why the helmet appears to "change" when in reality it's a completely different version.

The Anovos and the Propshop helmets originate from the real world production helmets and THATS what the details are made to match. All comparisons of "accuracy" need to be made to the real world helmets, not their CGI counter parts..

Side note, there wasn't a single 3D printed, or fiberglass helmet used on set... They were all AB resin.. I find it hilarious these companies are claiming accuracy while using completely inaccurate materials.

The helmet changes throughout the movie. It's almost comical how much it changes from frame to frame in a single scene. Nothing is exactly accurate. None of the props or screen used helmets. Imo just find the version you like the best and replicate or buy it and be done.

You cannot say the anovos is just as accurate as the prop shop if you claim they aren't even the same size.

But, I can. They are both just as accurate, but in DIFFERENT ways.

The Propshop got the shape spot on. I can't say about size because I've only seen about 25-27 HD pics of the real deal, I have NOT seen it in person.

But, the propshop is lacking sooooo much detail when it comes to dents that are on ALL of the helmets. Yes, I understand the helmets had variations, but that forehead dent, as far as I can tell, did not vary.

The Anovos got closer on a lot of its dents, but the shape is wrong. Like I said, it's way too bulbous.

So yes, they are just as accurate, but in different ways. If what you're asking is if rather or not the Propshop helmet is worth having for the price they're asking.... Eh. I don't think so. But I also have built my own from start to finish, through 3D printing, and gotten it spot on to the pictures I've seen. If you think the price is worth it to get it, and then maybe do some mods to it to make the dents better, then yes it's worth it, but I don't see it being worth $2000 unless it's 100% screen accurate.... and it isn't.

Both shops scanned a screen-used helmet. Not necessarily the same screen-used helmet, but possibly. The 3D scan is not a final model - it's kind of raw data. It needs cleanup, a bit of additional sculpting. I could see Anovos, as a "wearable reproductions" company as opposed to a "replica prop" company, aiming to allow the helmet to fit a wider range of heads than a Driver-sized one would (assuming the above evaluation of the two is true).
This. As you said, Anovos makes wearable costumes, not prop replicas. There are people out there with a VARIETY of head shapes. That's why it's more bulbous on the Anovos. Having put on a helmet that is supposed to be "around" the same size as the screen used one, it is not a big helmet, and there's hardly even room for padding.

Here's an interesting pic I found that shows the variances in the helmet from 3 different scenes in the film.

12961308_1719859511619180_2171239890714559362_o.jpg

Yes..thats another point.They used 3 different mouthplates in the movie.So you can build 3 different helmets and all are screenaccurate!It can also be,that the different helmets had other details.;)

Its very easy...who has too much money and no clue spends 2000$ for the propshop helmet.
Who wants a very accurate helmet and don´t wanna pay the vacation on Bora Bora for the propshop members is buying the Anovos.
And who has no money and wants a 95% accurate Kylo Helmet must pimp a BS Kylo Helmet.

:lol;)

Last edited:
^This. Can also go with a great fan made helmet for an in between price. I know I love mine and it seems super accurate to one of the helmets used in the movie at least

I got hold of a bs helmet today and realised just how close it is to all the propshop and anovos pics.
I'm going to fix mine right up but even if you just leave it, it's just amazing.

If you look close enough, the faceplate on the first and second photo are exactly the same.... It's just positioned differently. The third one has a digital faceplate, and that's why it's giant. Why? I don't know...

Your wrong.Look at the round detail on the left side and the space to the trimmed edge.:eek;)

Your wrong.Look at the round detail on the left side and the space to the trimmed edge.:eek;)

Spacing is slightly off where they trimmed it, but that could've been a mistake with the actual prop makers not knowing where to put it.
It's still the EXACT same faceplate, just with a minor mistake in trimming. Unlike the third one (the huge one) which IS a completely different faceplate because it's digital.

The huge one is the only variation I see, the "tiny" one is just some sort of mistake while they were dressing him... could've even broken during filming, and they trimmed it to make it look better :lol

It could be...but it is a different (cutted)plate on screen.And the big plate is digital?What are the marks?

It could be...but it is a different (cutted)plate on screen.And the big plate is digital?What are the marks?

Yeah, I am almost willing to bet money that they made some sort of mistake, or broke it, and had to cut it to look better.
Honestly... no idea. I've just heard through the grape vine that it was digital. It could very well NOT be digital, but I don't see any reason for it to be real either (I don't know why they would use a completely different mold).
I'm not used to seeing either of those helmets.... the one I have pictures of is the one from the "I will finish what you started" scene and the scene where he tells that female stormtrooper that Rey is just now beginning to use her powers.So that's the only one I know for a fact what the details look like, the rest, I'm just as lost as anyone :lol

The real world helmet does not change.. They made a master, molded it, and cast all the production helmets. The sculpted details are all exactly the same.
The film used a CGI helmet for many scenes and that's why the helmet appears to "change" when in reality it's a completely different version.

The Anovos and the Propshop helmets originate from the real world production helmets and THATS what the details are made to match. All comparisons of "accuracy" need to be made to the real world helmets, not their CGI counter parts..

Side note, there wasn't a single 3D printed, or fiberglass helmet used on set... They were all AB resin.. I find it hilarious these companies are claiming accuracy while using completely inaccurate materials.

I'm not talking about the CG scenes, and I'm speaking more on the proportions and position of components vs damage/wear and finish. The mouth plates for one are all over the place from frame to frame in the same scenes. I'm sure those aren't CG, most anyway...

The scene where he's speaking to Vader's hemlet there is a notch removed from top of secondary mouth plate. I see no other scenes with this notch removed and see no other purchasable versions of the helmet with this notch either. I really doubt that was CG, makes no sense for it to be. Then again, they used CG on his hemlet in the some unusual places.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the CG scenes, and I'm speaking more on the proportions and position of components vs damage/wear and finish. The mouth plates for one are all over the place from frame to frame in the same scenes. I'm sure those aren't CG, most anyway...

The scene where he's speaking to Vader's hemlet there is a notch removed from top of secondary mouth plate. I see no other scenes with this notch removed and see no other purchasable versions of the helmet with this notch either. I really doubt that was CG, makes no sense for it to be. Then again, they used CG on his hemlet in the some unusual places.
that whole scene was filmed without the mask, but they changed their minds and added the mask back in with cg.

that whole scene was filmed without the mask, but they changed their minds and added the mask back in with cg.

You seem to be correct. I just rewatched the scene and the helmet is actually mirrored when the notch appears in the 3/4 shot, then it isn't on the forward shot. Silliness.

You seem to be correct. I just rewatched the scene and the helmet is actually mirrored when the notch appears in the 3/4 shot, then it isn't on the forward shot. Silliness.

The scene yall are all referring to is in fact a real helmet, not CG. That's the one I have in fact seen. Now, in my opinion, they made a mistake with using that helmet for the close up scene... for some reason, it has a ton of airbubbles in the middle face-plate, has a ton of damage (both real dents and painted on scratches) and just overall is a very rough looking helmet. In my opinion, it looked like a stunt helmet because it DID have so much damage on it. Now, rather or not that means it's the hero helmet because it was used in that scene, I don't know. If it were a hero helmet, I would've spent more time getting all of the airbubbles out of the middle face-plate.

Adam just posted reference photos of his Kylo Ren on Tested. Here's the link: http://www.tested.com/art/movies/574008-photo-gallery-kylo-ren-helmet-reference-photos/
I know it's supposedly accurate, but that particular copy looks a bit messy.

it's got some big gaps around the chrome section and the faceplate looks like it's slightly wonky.

Also, the black paint looks blotchy, like it's been sprayed with a can that's about to run out and started spluttering.

personally I'd prefer something slightly more idealised.

I like the paintjob...it looks very nice.But the frontplate is a lot to much weathered in my eyes.And the gaps around the chrome sections are accurate???NO!

25918284zr.jpg

25918295si.jpg

As some had already said but others have ignored, the dents were part of the sculpt and therefore nearly identical on every helmet. There is a variable of the textured paint and weathering between helmets but not much at all.
The faceplate does indeed vary helmet to helmet depending on how it was cut.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back