Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

The prop shop one looks pretty amazing. The YouTube vid with Adam shows it off pretty well including a shot of the inside. The price seems a little steep IMO. My favorite prop I own is my MR EPIII Vader helmet mainly because it was exactly like what Hayden wore and it was half the price as the prop shop. I know it's a mold and the Kylo helmet is 3D printer. I guess that's where the price hike is??

Anovos also updated their helmet. If you compare the latest KR costume pictures (take a closer look at the helmet) with the current helmet photos, then it's clear they've redone some of the helmet damage and added a new texture as well. Looks a lot closer to the prop shop one, than the earlier prototype.

Edit: Quick and dirty comparison between screen used helmets (right side) and Anovos (top left) and Propshop (bottom left)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Great comparison collage. They do all look really similar. If you watch the Adam savage video where he shows the Prop Shop helmet I thin it looks like it has more damage than the pic that prop shop has on their site. I would also like to see the inside of the anovos helmet. If I remember correctly I think it said it has a hard hat liner for adjustment

In the main star wars section, the sculptor of the Kylo helmet confirmed that both prop shop and anovos are sharing the same 3d files for their helmets

... and if Kylo Ren has a lot better looking mask in Episode 8 nobody wants the old one!**** happens!:D

Yeah, like sandtroopers in ANH... nobody wants those costumes. They're so different and never used in any other film.

Wait.
What?
haha

No... I don't care if it's different in the next films. The first film is SO GOOD I can be THAT version of Kylo from here on out and be happy (or moody) every. single. time. I wear it! :D

As for the PropShop.
It looks like the totally collectable version. Not the version I want to wear to the children's hospital or the Balloon Fiesta park. That's Anovos 100% all day every day.

I hate it when people comment "well I've seen the real deal, but I can't show you the pictures" but I'm gonna make that comment.....
I have seen the real one, and here's what I can tell you about both the Propshop and Anovos helmet:

The Anovos has much more accurate dents and dings compared to the real deal.... the forehead scar in particular is MUCH closer to the original.

The Propshop helmet is much closer in size and shape than the Anovos. The Anovos has a much more bulbous look to the head, and I'm sure that's so it will fit multiple head sizes.... but it isn't accurate.

Both helmets lack certain dents, dings, and scratches seen on the original helmet. I'm sure there is a reason for that, but just be aware.

The texture and paint on the Propshop is much closer to the real deal than the Anovos is. The Anovos looks great, but even with the current updated texture, it's much more leathery and rubbery as opposed to the original.

So at the end of the day, is the Propshop helmet overpriced? Absolutely... if you're paying $2000 for a helmet, you're going to want the MOST accurate you can get, and the Propshop is just as accurate as the Anovos. If only the people who worked on the Anovos helmet could've done all the detailing and dents, and the Propshop could've done the 3D printing of the actual "helmet". Then you'd have a much more accurate helmet.

I assume the Anovos you saw was the high end one, not the 300?

I want to hear from someone who's seen the cheaper version... I've got my finger on the trigger, but have yet to pull....

The helmet changes throughout the movie. It's almost comical how much it changes from frame to frame in a single scene. Nothing is exactly accurate. None of the props or screen used helmets. Imo just find the version you like the best and replicate or buy it and be done.

I assume the Anovos you saw was the high end one, not the 300?

I want to hear from someone who's seen the cheaper version... I've got my finger on the trigger, but have yet to pull....

I highly doubt there will be much of a difference between the $300 and $800 helmet... the difference will be that it's going to be made out of a thinner plastic, and the paint job will be a little different, I'm sure (but for $300, just get the paint off, and re-do it yourself). But, I can't imagine them coming from two completely separate molds, that would be ridiculous.

I highly doubt there will be much of a difference between the $300 and $800 helmet... the difference will be that it's going to be made out of a thinner plastic, and the paint job will be a little different, I'm sure (but for $300, just get the paint off, and re-do it yourself). But, I can't imagine them coming from two completely separate molds, that would be ridiculous.
I bought the premiere when it was first announced. I must admit, I felt a bit ripped off at them releasing the standard version for so much less. I don't see how the premiere can be $300 more impressive.

I bought the premiere when it was first announced. I must admit, I felt a bit ripped off at them releasing the standard version for so much less. I don't see how the premiere can be $300 more impressive.

You can always cancel the initial order and place a new one for the less expensive helmet!

You cannot say the anovos is just as accurate as the prop shop if you claim they aren't even the same size. I'm sure the prop shop was made from the exact 3D print as ALL the screen used ones. Obviously if you say the anovos is more bulbous to take a larger head then it is not Technically the same and also isn't screen size accurate. All the helmets in the movie have different markings/damage on them. Like someone said above they are different in the same scene in different parts of the movie if you look close enough. 2400 shipped is steep I will say that but if the size and inside and the damage is super close to one of the helmets then you have a fantastic replica. I.E. The MR EPIII Vader helmet. I bet it doesn't fit some peoples huge heads due to the padding inside. Well it wasn't made for them it was made for Hayden

I'm sure the prop shop was made from the exact 3D print as ALL the screen used ones.

No.Here is a member on the board who made the screenused helmets.And he said propshop has no other 3D-dates that anovos has.
So the propshop is not better as the anovos one...but a lot more expensive.

Then how are they not the same size if they are the same 3D prints??

Both shops scanned a screen-used helmet. Not necessarily the same screen-used helmet, but possibly. The 3D scan is not a final model - it's kind of raw data. It needs cleanup, a bit of additional sculpting. I could see Anovos, as a "wearable reproductions" company as opposed to a "replica prop" company, aiming to allow the helmet to fit a wider range of heads than a Driver-sized one would (assuming the above evaluation of the two is true).

Both shops scanned a screen-used helmet. Not necessarily the same screen-used helmet, but possibly. The 3D scan is not a final model - it's kind of raw data. It needs cleanup, a bit of additional sculpting. I could see Anovos, as a "wearable reproductions" company as opposed to a "replica prop" company, aiming to allow the helmet to fit a wider range of heads than a Driver-sized one would (assuming the above evaluation of the two is true).
anovos told me the shape and size of their helmet is the same as the screen used version. who knows!

only time will tell.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I just take the prop shop one as its suppose to be the same size, interior lining/padding that Adam would have wore. I realize weathering and damage differs. Am I wrong for thinking this? I thought this was prop shops whole point

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back