My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW buddha head replicas!)

wow, very impressive collection, so many awesome items!!!

Thanks guys :) The replica Buddha heads are now sold...

Got to get some buddha heads for my collection one day.

When you say "replica buddha heads" do you mean you cast them off a found item and painted them?

I have a long thread about the project over at Propsummit if you want to read about it...

The replicas are casted off the bronze heads, yes...and painted. The bronze heads are somewhere between 50-100 years old and are probably Chinese souvenirs or replicas of antiques... I've contacted several Asian arts experts who all confirm that they represent no true value and are not depicting certain deities, nor are they from a certain period or region. "A little bit of this and a little bit of that" as one put it. Basically the originals are junk.

Last edited:

Love the eyeball setup ! Need to re watch this holiday break and run over to propsummit to see your thread on that one.

Yes, please do! The thread has contributions by none other than Tom Southwell!

Love the eyeball setup ! Need to re watch this holiday break and run over to propsummit to see your thread on that one.

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Vid-Phon build!)

Today I received some of the key components for my new project: Deckard's personal Vid-Phon! The BIC tray and the Pana-Vue slide viewer is in the mail.... I'm super exited about this project!

IMG_1118.JPG

Last edited:
Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Vid-Phon & FORCE-badge build!)

Aaaaand as the title says: My first resin replica of the FORCE-badge from Blade Runner.... Later comes pewter replicas, but I need to get more familiar with the material and make a hi temp silicone or plaster mold for pewter casting... Updates on both projects will follow :D

IMG_1119.JPG

Last edited:

Thanks :thumbsup Up next is making a cold cast version using aluminium powder! Also been doing some more research on pewter casting and learned a few new tricks....

Would you be doing a run of metal badges? That is definitely something I would be interested in. Great work as usual!

Short answer: Maybe :unsure I'm getting familiar with pewter casting but it's a bit more challenging than first anticipated... right now I'm working on a plaster mold and test castings are planned for perhaps next weekend... So if I can get it to work with a decent result and be able to duplicate the process with equally good results, then yes, a small run... if so it will be on Propsummit.

Resin casts are no problem and I'm expecting cold casting will be fairly easy too... Will post result here :D

Here's a few shots of the buddha heads that I did a small run of over at Propsummit!

Buddha 3.JPGBuddha 2.JPGBuddha 1.JPG

The thought has crossed my mind... I think next step will be getting a membership and offering some for sale in the Junkyard to see if there's a demand :confused

Wow..great collection!I really love this movie.:):thumbsup

I also have a Coyle Metal kit...I polished it but never built it together.Did you built yours or did you bought it complete from Richard?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back