My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Donut ashtray!)

A quick shot of where I'm at with the first prototype of the donut ashtray. It's beginning to look like something... will have another and better print done next month.

IMG_1781.JPG36939246_10155879989589480_1938757836666306560_n-kopi 2.jpg

Great collection!! Very envious!
Don't suppose any knows of a Tomensuke blaster in the UK for sale do they?

Great collection!! Very envious!
Don't suppose any knows of a Tomensuke blaster in the UK for sale do they?

Thank you very much :D

This is probably not the place to look for a blaster. Try the Junkyard, the WTB or one of the many Facebook groups.

Great catch Anders (cup and saucer)!! Your collection is increasing by the month:cool

Better Print? Looks pretty good to me. What are the estimated dimensions?

What you see includes roughly 6 hours of sanding, filling, priming, painting etc.

The diameter is 17cm. Big boy...

Ok that seems indeed excessive for a simple form like that. Sounds like you had to carve this out of a rather poor print. 17 cm is easy to print on most printers and should not require fillers. Filament used?

Ok that seems indeed excessive for a simple form like that. Sounds like you had to carve this out of a rather poor print. 17 cm is easy to print on most printers and should not require fillers. Filament used?

It was printed with Innofil PRO1 Black... it's PLA. I was mostly surprised that the rim inside the lid was so poor, brittle, almost porous. The outside surface of the lid was acceptable, but the inside had filament strings pointing in every direction and was extremely rough.

That is weird, sounds like under extrusion, clogged nozzle or maybe printed too fast. It is such a simple shape it should come out perfect on any recent printer. I any case PETG would be easier to sand and work with. I may design and print one if I have time - would only take a few minutes to create the shape and maybe 5-8 hours printing for each part.

It was printed with Innofil PRO1 Black... it's PLA. I was mostly surprised that the rim inside the lid was so poor, brittle, almost porous. The outside surface of the lid was acceptable, but the inside had filament strings pointing in every direction and was extremely rough.

Last edited:

Is this close to the one you identified? would take about 20 hour to print at 2mm wall thickness and 0.15mm layer height at 40mm/sec.

Tray.JPGTray2.JPG

Is this close to the one you identified? would take about 20 hour to print at 2mm wall thickness and 0.15mm layer height at 40mm/sec.

View attachment 838287View attachment 838288

No, the lid looks too high and the funnel too deep to me.

There was never made an ID on the ashtray. The way the lid and the base are joined was an artistic interpretation, and not likely the way the original was build.

Are you offering to print mine too or...?

Last edited:

I would first look for an local Maker space to print it. Shipping would be pricey as I see you are in Denmark. It would be separated into two pieces like that for easy printing. It is an interesting shape has a end '50 feel to it.

I would first look for an local Maker space to print it. Shipping would be pricey as I see you are in Denmark. It would be separated into two pieces like that for easy printing. It is an interesting shape has a end '50 feel to it.

No problem :)

According to the assistant set decorator it was from the 70's.

Thanks. Interesting. Is it an ashtray or one of these wide squashed vases?

Not much is known. It's an ashtray brought in from Germany, most likely from the 70's, and made from a synthetic material.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back