My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Vid-Phon & FORCE-badge build!)

I got it completed by Rich... I've thought about getting one of his kits... It would be totally awesome to build one! But I fear I don't quite have the skills needed yet :unsure Anyway I wan't to add a Sidkit to the collection first... I feel that I need that one!

Wow..great collection!I really love this movie.:):thumbsup

I also have a Coyle Metal kit...I polished it but never built it together.Did you built yours or did you bought it complete from Richard?

Thanks Joberg... Actually they sold out today, not bad :cool :thumbsup

Your display is fantastic! I really love the eyeball container. Amazing.

The harsh lighting in the display is perfect, just like the film!

A small update on the Vid-Phon! I love this project, one the best so far... strange how some projects turn out to be SUPER enjoyable in spite of so-so expectations... I mean.. the prop is cool, but technically it's just foam board and some paint :rolleyes

VID.jpg

Today the first parts for my new Sidkit arrived! This project I'm extremely excited about!! This will be my weathered blaster - worn down bluing, rust, scratches!

SID.jpg

Thanks, Mark! Let me just say right away that your beautiful weathered build is a HUGE inspiration for this project!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Regards
MARK

Last edited:
Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Sid-kit arrived!)

I started working on a new blaster kit...

Blued the receiver today.... and the result is.... weird!

It almost looks like... animal print... a weird uneven finish.

Does anybody have experience with this?

I'm starting to suspect that it's the bad or impure metal..?? This could be caused by bad quality pewter, right?

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich uses Pewter Black on his... which I found it is a bugger to find in the UK!

I started working on a new blaster kit...

Blued the receiver today.... and the result is.... weird!

It almost looks like... animal print... a weird uneven finish.

Does anybody have experience with this?

I'm starting to suspect that it's the bad or impure metal..?? This could be caused by bad quality pewter, right?

View attachment 598516

Perhaps I should try that... if I can find it anywhere. Did you get it somewhere?

I've used Birchwood Casey's perma blue paste... It's possible that it's not potent enough to give it an even finish... ordered the perma blue liquid which has some more kick to it...

Rich uses Pewter Black on his... which I found it is a bugger to find in the UK!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/Jax-PBP-Pewter-Patina-Black/dp/B00YFPQ7YY

Re: My Blade Runner collection (Bluing advice needed!)

www.sculptnouveau.com has some awesome products... haven't tried any of them but would love to do a couple of buddha heads with their metal paints and patinas :thumbsup

I used Blue Wonder Gun Blue on my pewter SidKit. I used the cleaner first to made sure everything was nice and clean and then I used a hair dryer to heat up the metal to about 120 degrees. With the product I used, that really made a difference.

IMG_0395_zps67240f45.jpg

On a side note, I found these cool dummy rounds called "snap caps" that are used in real guns that allow you to dry fire without damaging the firing pin. These are red anodized aluminum with a brass spring cap in the end. They have a good weight and look like they would be deadly to a replicant.

IMG_1967_zpsefeedfa7.jpg

Thanks for the ideas, QCWolf :)

I'll try heating the receiver up for the next try.... Think I'll try some different products as well, heard good things about Blue Wonder before, have to see if I can get it over here...

Those bullets are nice! Would love to have some... but laws are strange here, you can own as many gun replicas you like, even ones that look 100% real, but only really crappy looking replica ammunition is allowed :facepalm

Those bullets are nice! Would love to have some... but laws are strange here, you can own as many gun replicas you like, even ones that look 100% real, but only really crappy looking replica ammunition is allowed :facepalm

That's a bummer. These are actually solid aluminum.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back