Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
Discovery season 2 sneak peek

I saw a ST:disco sneak peek posted on face book earlier but now its gone. Any one else see it? the new uniforms blend new Trek and Discovery together.

I'm honestly surprised to find this still on.

If it survives long enough to tell a story I'll probably give it a real chance, I just don't have any confidence in this subscription service being able to keep it alive in an age where I've been burned multiple times by cliffhanger endings being unfulfilled by shows getting cancelled.

The DSC and ENT uniforms have the same cut and patern, just different color schemes. We've seen Starfleet use multiple uniforms before. The TNG uniforms continued to be used after they introduced the DS9 colored shoulder version. Then both were phased out at the same time when the First Contact grey shoulders were introduced.

For anyone wanting to see the new Enterprise clearly, ANOVOS is doing the replica. They have it at their booth this weekend at SDCC. I'm putting pics in a spoiler box, in case anyone's waiting for next season...

ProductPage-DSC-1701-3.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-9.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-11.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-8.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-1.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-10.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-6.pngProductPage-DSC-1701-4.png

I have to admit that I really like DSC. In case of very poor writing ST was always in the top 10. The first seasons of TNG were horrible and boring and it went on to many episodes of the later seasons. DS9 never got me, mainly because the most interesting characters were introduced too late or did not get the attention they earned. Voyager had an interesting start and get lost in old ST schemes. So DSC may be something that does not reflect ST as what it was, but it had more interesting characters than any ST show since TOS. Personally I care just a bit more about the ST plot in a whole than Rian Johnson cares about the Star Wars characters.

There were stupid moments in DSC, but there are stupid moments in nearly every series/movies. I think the approach to the mirror universe was quite good, the acting (well we got a great synchronisation) was on point. I'm not a big fan of Burnham. But overall i really enjoyed the first season and appreciated the new approach to ST.

I really hate the tech-babble in ST because it ruins the immersion for me completely. I liked how it was handled in TOS by Scotty but every series after that took it to a level that made me switch the channel.

I have no problem to see DSC as a kind of reboot (which IMHO is needed). I appreciate most of the re-designs and decisions they made. But I can understand the passionate fans of the franchise who disagree with most of it and demand to declare it as a official reboot. Hard times for Star-whatever fans. Both franchises go other directions. One goes straight to hell and the other one got a bit more of action ;-)

But I liked ENT too, so who am I to judge any ST.

Why does Pike have to be a wisecracker?

This is where it gets dangerous. Pike was very serious in the original pilot. Changing characters that were in the original series. Harry Mudd is a prime example. In the original series he was a lovable rouge, now he is just a slime ball.

In Mudd’s Women he wasn’t a lovable rogue, he was a bit of a *******. I, Mudd he was bit more lovable but he was going to leave the crew on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back