Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
I just finished binge watching season one during the one week free trial. For the most part I liked it. The thing I disliked the most had to be the Mirror Universe, although the twist with Lorca was good. Another problem was with CBS. I signed up for the cheaper "limited commercials" version in case I forget to cancel in time and there were about the same number of commercials as if I was watching on regular TV.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Just got time to watch that preview of season 2.

I think this show is in more trouble then they want to admit. And they are trying everything to make it appeal to a wider range of audiences. Nostalgia-trip with Pike with a TOS uni and working Spock in there somehow. And trying to make the show look like anything but a constant slog of war and violence with the upbeat trailer music and elevator scene right out of The Orville.

And they got four more shows coming down the pipeline? I'm not sure if that should make me hopeful for that post-Nemesis/VOY show or scared of what they will do with them.

I was pleasantly surprised with season 1. I thought it went off in way too many directions. It lost some likable characters. The season finale was a big wtf for me. The war is suddenly over? What?

In Mudd’s Women he wasn’t a lovable rogue, he was a bit of a *******. I, Mudd he was bit more lovable but he was going to leave the crew on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He got the same treatment as Dr. Smith in the "Lost in Space" reboot on Netflix. Original version was "Oh, what trouble is he going to cause on this episode" and remake version is "throw that f'er out an airlock already!"

I was pleasantly surprised with season 1. I thought it went off in way too many directions. It lost some likable characters. The season finale was a big wtf for me. The war is suddenly over? What?
Yes, that was very anticlimactic. On the other hand it took less than a week after the atomic bombs were dropped on Japan for them to end the war, so I guess it is not too unreasonable.

I'm waiting for a really young Kirk to be introduced to try and get more TOS fans on board with STD and knowing how they work they would probably have him stationed on the Enterprise somewhere just so that don't have to introduce another ship.

Space herpes! ;)

:confused
the_way_to_eden_8946.jpg

Against the odds this looks much better than I'd hoped, more nods to the "original" era.

But then I thought that of the first series. How wrong was I.

I just hope the writing has climbed up a notch. Well, maybe more than an notch. More like a giant leap up the side of a small, steep mountainside. The effects work looks brilliant, though once again the idea that another Starship Captain deciding to take his huge craft into a thousand fragment asteroid storm is in any way a good idea from the health and safety stand point of view has sighing with distain and general curmudgeon pissed offinesss. But it looks good

As does the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKf7pyxa1w

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back