Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
I'm quite looking forward to this.

I was just surprised when I saw this photo, because what jumped out at me was the style from TFA... When you look at Star Trek, your first thought shouldn't be Star Wars. Same thing for that matter with a shuttle in TFA that suggest Star Trek to me when I saw it. But that's not the point.

Anyway. I hope to hell this is decent. I miss seeing new Star Trek adventures. But if there's a shaky cam- I'm out.

The clip is supposed to be out soon too, so hopefully we FINALLY get to see something a little more tangible.

First photo from the set. Looks like we will find out who Rey's parents are.

What is CBS doing?

w216p.jpg

Shouldn't we be used to Star Trek lifting from Star Wars by this point? JJ's take on Star Trek has mounds of Star Wars similarities complete with literal sightings of R2-D2 for crying out loud. Why is this a problem for anyone?

Shouldn't we be used to Star Trek lifting from Star Wars by this point? JJ's take on Star Trek has mounds of Star Wars similarities complete with literal sightings of R2-D2 for crying out loud. Why is this a problem for anyone?

Trek influenced SW, according to some guy named George Lucas.....;)

JJ is just a single person and two movies with easter eggs hardly qualifies as a tradition of "lifting" that people should be used to.

I'd say this one thing is more a joke to people here, not a problem.

It looks just like the Scott Bakula show that I never watched.

edit: It actually looks pretty quality - a little grim dark for Trek, though, IMO.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back