Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
MUDD: Oh, no, no, no. Merely deserted. You see, gentlemen, behind every great man there is a woman urging him on. And so it was with my Stella. She urged me on into outer space. Not that she meant to, but with her continual, eternal, confounded nagging. Well, I think of her constantly, and every time I do, I go further out into space.

Lol...I think Kathy Griffin would be excellent for the part.

Stella Mudd:
QfnwW5U.jpg

Kathy Griffin::
oQe8nBJ.jpg

Holy.... I think Kathy IS Stella.

I agree that the actor made the character just like Khan, there's no replacing or imitating that. Just more proof this thing is destined to fail.

Mudd, imo is like Kahn, in that the Actor, God bless Roger C. Carmel, OWNED the role, the character died with him

Ha. You hear that writers? Your work and creations aren't worth jack unless an actor makes it great. And when they don't do the role anymore or pass away, your character is done. Finished. You have no say in anything anymore.

This is why we've never seen another Joker since Heath Ledger, another Superman after Christopher Reeve, why we haven't seen another Star Trek production with the original Enterprise crew and why we will never, ever see another Spider-Man after the passing of Tobey Maguire's career.

Oh, that was fun.

Seriously writers, showrunners and directors. Do whatever you want with whatever you want. Whether it's copying someone else or doing your own thing, lets have fun. Nicholas Meyer defied the fans when he killed Spock, and despite their protests, the fans loved it. Let this series soar!

To be honest killing Spock actually let them take the character new places as it gave them breathing room for him to relearn everything and somehow gain a better understanding of his humanity. I'd gladly welcome someone as Superman if the script is good, the guy from Returns wasn't bad it was just a bad movie. You saw this with Her Majesty's Secret Service, he could have been a really good bond given more time. It's all about the actors, you could have an amazing movie but if the actors are bad.

This is why you see people working on Soap Operas for entire 60 year careers: it's not the writing it's the actors making the characters realistic no matter how silly things get.
It's why they say comedy is hard, if the actor has no timing or even a sense of humor it's not going to work. Naked Gun and Police Squad wouldn't have been the same without Leslie as Frank.

Nicky got shafted by Lennie and Harve and still bitches about it today. :lol

I can tell you now at the time most Fans wanted his head on a platter and probably somebody might have done it if somebody did'nt "Remember" :p

The only thing this Series is gonna do is Soar into Oblivion if they don't start getting their act together...:unsure

Nicholas Meyer defied the fans when he killed Spock, and despite their protests, the fans loved it. Let this series soar!

To be honest killing Spock actually let them take the character new places as it gave them breathing room for him to relearn everything and somehow gain a better understanding of his humanity. I'd gladly welcome someone as Superman if the script is good, the guy from Returns wasn't bad it was just a bad movie. You saw this with Her Majesty's Secret Service, he could have been a really good bond given more time. It's all about the actors, you could have an amazing movie but if the actors are bad.

This is why you see people working on Soap Operas for entire 60 year careers: it's not the writing it's the actors making the characters realistic no matter how silly things get.
It's why they say comedy is hard, if the actor has no timing or even a sense of humor it's not going to work. Naked Gun and Police Squad wouldn't have been the same without Leslie as Frank.

Brandon Routh. Easily the best Superman after Chris Reeve.

Nicky got shafted by Lennie and Harve and still bitches about it today. :lol

I can tell you now at the time most Fans wanted his head on a platter and probably somebody might have done it if somebody did'nt "Remember" :p

I wouldn't say that he still holds a grudge about it. I read his book "The View From The Bridge" and he seems to have let that decision by Harve go. After all, Nick did come back to write the Earth sequences in Star Trek IV and write and direct Star Trek VI. If he still hated the changes made to the ending, he would have removed it from his Director's Edition/Cut on DVD/Blu-Ray, but he didn't. He kept it all in because he still continued to work on Star Trek after that. And thank goodness to since he's always been involved with the even numbered original crew film and those are considered the best.

And I'm still excited that he's still a part of this series. I know he loves to brag about not giving fans what they want, but his involvement is certainly something I wanted regardless of what he does. :)

This is why we've never seen another Joker since Heath Ledger, another Superman after Christopher Reeve,

To be fair, we didn't see another fantastic Superman until Tyler Hoechlin took up the cape in Supergirl last year (no disrespect to Dean Cain intended) and we haven't had a good Joker since Ledger (Hamill doesn't count, as he came prior to Ledger).

Did'nt say he held a grudge but he does indeed bring it up occasionally and was not and still not happy about it .

He has now made peace with it though.

As far as working on the Treks, Nicks like any one else in the biz needs to make that money.

Funny thing about Nick is he is NOT a Sci-Fi fan and has stated such numerous times including a recent interview.

What drives him is the Family or human element in Trek.

Hopefully his ideas are not being ignored by the powers that be, and for anyone who has not read it his book is a fun little read!

I wouldn't say that he still holds a grudge about it. I read his book "The View From The Bridge" and he seems to have let that decision by Harve go. After all, Nick did come back to write the Earth sequences in Star Trek IV and write and direct Star Trek VI. If he still hated the changes made to the ending, he would have removed it from his Director's Edition/Cut on DVD/Blu-Ray, but he didn't. He kept it all in because he still continued to work on Star Trek after that. And thank goodness to since he's always been involved with the even numbered original crew film and those are considered the best.

And I'm still excited that he's still a part of this series. I know he loves to brag about not giving fans what they want, but his involvement is certainly something I wanted regardless of what he does. :)

Stella or kathy? lol. They hire kathy they'll have to slap an R rating on the show since she can't keep her trap shut.

I'm fairly sure one of the reasons they have it on their All Access is so that they don't have to worry about ratings and they can show and say pretty much whatever they want too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back