VeryExciting

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howdy All!

It was mail day today and I received my 2 Graflex 3 Cell tops. I am also in on Roman's Graflex Run, so I'm about to be very poor.

Here are some pictures of the Kinda Crappy replica ESB hilt I got off of Etsy, the 2 Graflex tops from Evilbay, a Clamp from Custom Saber Shop, and a 2 cell bottom...

Any advide on cleaning up the rust on one of the 3 Cells? I'm going for a used look, but that's a bit much, maybe it would fit for the TFA one though...

IMG_0181.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0183.JPGIMG_0184.JPGIMG_0185.JPGIMG_0187.JPGIMG_0188.JPG

You could try electrocleaning the rust off. Or a warm-to-hot white vinegar bath for not too long. Many things would probably work to varying degrees, but whichever method you go with, I would refrain from too much actual scrubbing...don't want to mess up that finish.

Another question, where can I get a beat 3 cell bottom? I think I want to take the rusty one and make that a TFA Lightsaber with it. I don't want a nice clean bottom like I will get from Roman, but if someone has a pretty beat one they can direct my way I'd be thrilled.

also, out of context asking for a beat bottom is super weird.

Another question, where can I get a beat 3 cell bottom? I think I want to take the rusty one and make that a TFA Lightsaber with it. I don't want a nice clean bottom like I will get from Roman, but if someone has a pretty beat one they can direct my way I'd be thrilled.

also, out of context asking for a beat bottom is super weird.

A solitary 3 Cell bottom is hard to find by itself. I'd post a WTB thread in the WTB section of the Classifieds here, and also keep checking the Internet. I've seen a couple go up for sale recently, but they are beaten to hell and still very expensive.

Ha, I think I was watching that auction! By any chance was this the lot that also had the Abbey4x and Speedgun flashes in it?

Yep that was it. The abby4x is actually pretty great looking to make a custom saber from.

- - - Updated - - -

A solitary 3 Cell bottom is hard to find by itself. I'd post a WTB thread in the WTB section of the Classifieds here, and also keep checking the Internet. I've seen a couple go up for sale recently, but they are beaten to hell and still very expensive.

I'd do a replica or salt shaker even. There is a replica bottom on Evilbay unstamped that I might make a stab at.

Yeah, I had my eye on the auction for that exact reason. The final price went way beyond what I was willing to pay, though.

(Don't suppose you'd be interested in selling the Abbey and Speedgun...?)

Yeah, I had my eye on the auction for that exact reason. The final price went way beyond what I was willing to pay, though.

(Don't suppose you'd be willing to sell the Abbey and Speedgun...?)

Oh sure I would, I have some heilands that I have been meaning to make custom sabers with that will occupy my time. DM me.

Well an unstamped replica Graflex bottom just sold on eBay for over $100. It's pretty crazy out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I was really hoping that no one else had their eye on the unstamped bottom!

oh man, if I knew I was up against someone else from here I would have stopped earlier.

I'm pretty sure the seller has a supply of the unstamped bottoms, so I bet another will pop up soon.

Not sure if anyone else has posted these pics but I thought they showed some interesting details about the TFA Graflex lightsaber. For example, is it missing the brass pins in the sides and the glass eye? And is that a black rubber or plastic cap on the bottom? I mean this could just be another example of an altered prop used for a promo shot or even a prototype for a new toy or Force FX version, or further still, perhaps a dueling version used for filming. I know the trailer shot shows the Kobold clip and glass eye, etc. in place, but this shot is quite different. Whatever the case, it raised a few questions for me. Thoughts?
TFA Graflex (1).pngTFA Graflex (2).pngTFA Graflex (3).pngTFA Graflex (4).png

Last edited:
Aaaarrrggghhhh why is it so hard to get a 3 or 5 cell bottom. Was doing fine until someone sniped me at the last second.

Ok, I finally won a "4 cell" flash handle on eBay. I will post photos when it arrives and I will start the process or cutting it down and what not.

I am doing the same and just won a 2 cell. I did not think the bottom would be hard to find, that is until finding this thread....

Last edited:
I am doing the same and just won a 2 cell. I did not think the bottom would be hard to find, that is until finding this thread....

Right? I thought the top would be bad, but not the bottom. I picked up a 2 cell bottom awhile ago, but I have no clue how to modify it to a 3. I'm going to take the new bottom I get to some people who work with metal and see if they know how to whip up some more before Roman's Run.

Ok, here it is...

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Im feeling like a "Force Awakens" inspired Lightsaber will be my first build attempt with these things. I will chronicle as I go.

I kinda like the addition of the edged bottom cap. Did you have it made from SS or chromed brass sink tube? I only ask because I made a ST bottom but was considering having my fab shop guys at work tig me up one from stainless. That is if I cannot locate a real bottom soon. I did also just pick up another 3 cell as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back