Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build thread

As I told my girlfriend, it takes less space than either my Biker scout or stormtrooper mannequin .. so unless you don't have a wall .. ;)

As I told my girlfriend, it takes less space than either my Biker scout or stormtrooper mannequin .. so unless you don't have a wall .. ;)

That's the problem...I don't have any free wall to put in onto indeed.
The fact, that I will have to move my mancave into a much smaller room soon doesn't help either (need to rearrange our house to have our sleeping room closer to our little boys room)

With a proper camera. Sorry about the lighting but there's not so much light in the basement.

IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0221.JPG

Having some issues with sanding. Using Evercoat and sands nice but when I go to move it for the night the corner joints will crack a little showing the crack of where the front panels meet. Im.not sure what to do about this. Its frustrating. I even thickened the corner and it still cracks. There is adequate support for the entire thing but it still does it.

- - - Updated - - -

also any suggestions on filling in bottom? I have a full front panel from stormrider but the box is bigger than the panel so it left some spade at the bottom. I had anticipated it fitting perfectly but its smaller. I want it to match up but not sure how to get it to match.

- - - Updated - - -

Also need metal greeblies if possible. Dont want painted ones. I have the stuff for the hero panel.

If your box is not 100% solid, it will always crack. Bondo/Evercoat is not a glue, it's just a filler .. as long as the panels can move, you won't do anything good with it! Thickening it won't change the end result.

Take a 2x2 piece of wood and stick it inside the corner. Use lots of glue on both side and screw it in. Let it settle. What does your structure inside look like?

If by filling in bottom, you mean that you have a gap between your front cast and your box, I'd suggest using filler to remove most of the gap and then, caulking for the joint between the filler and the rubber (i assume) cast.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also need metal greeblies if possible. Dont want painted ones. I have the stuff for the hero panel.

I'll add you to the machined part run! :)

Yeah the Han panel comes up short at the bottom or top depending on which way I put it. I dont wsnt the texture to be off by adding to the bottom but I'm gonna have to. Just not sure what to use to get the same texture as the original front panel.

Yeah may have to do that with the corners. I will wait and see.

Also, I sanded the MDF thinking this would help the paint stick but when I started priming it's not as smooth and the small pieces of MDF stick up like little hairs when I paint it how do I smooth that down? Higher grit paper?

- - - Updated - - -

How do I post pics?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back