Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build thread

Re: Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build and Research thread

I had a change of heart .. Decided that I wanted a full front Han panel instead of the 3 parts one and received it this week! Took the afternoon today to fit it slowly one side at a time.

The cast was a tad bigger than the Zenix box frame so I trimmed it all around until it fitted .. Nobody should notice it ...

Before, trimmed and fitted. It has about 1/8 lip left all around and that will be the glue's thickness. I also plan on having the glue a tad thicker all around the edge to have a perfectly level fitting all around!!! Very happy with where this is going now!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449379946.003635.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449379974.654845.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449379986.072257.jpg

Looks like Stormrider's
Am I correct. ; )

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

BTW

AS YOU DID !! :)
I PICKED UP THIS LITTLE GEM
FROM EBAY FOR 65.00
AND FEDX GAVE ME A XMAS PRESENT TODAY !!!
THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE REAL DEAL MY FRIEND! !!uploadfromtaptalk1449380726723.jpg

Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build and Research thread

I probably won't even use my original on my HIC. My casts are impossible to differentiate anyway! ;-)

.. Unless you'd try to remove the screws!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awwwwww darthcromer !!!! Dude your lucky !!! He is the best!$
I have Stormrider's partial not full
From his run ......still amazing. ..
Darthcrommers work and castings
We're my dream !!!

He's the one who got me hooked on
HIC !!!!!

Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build and Research thread

Xmas in december!! Hum .. Wait ..

Received my led mounts and my handles and they fit perfectly!!! I'll be able to complete my Hero panel tonight!!!

Now I have to decide if I go chrome or brushed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449521164.979067.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449521397.054077.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449521422.170796.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449521437.686904.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449521555.104335.jpg

I quickly checked, and I can't screw them from behind .. so I'll probably need to cut the head, glue the thread into the handle and insert into the panel, then, use a nut from behind .. or something along those lines! :)

Drilled all my lights. I love how they look, anyway, that's the closest I found and it will definitely do. I don't have the small silver base .. maybe one day if I find a proper tube for it. Also, I drilled one hole about 1mm too low so I'll redo that strip!

IMG_2623.JPG

Here's how I did my flasher strip. Those that will buy the led and acrylic from me will be able to do this when they receive their parts.

First, you need a set of drill bit. Really small to start your hole, than 2 growing from there to 1/4" which is the size of the led mounts, then another one to enlarge from behind so that they properly snap around the acrylic.

image2.jpeg

First of all, I started with the first and last hole. This way, I'm sure that I will stay aligned when doing the other holes.

Each hole is the same, drill the smallest hole, check your alignment on the panel, then the 2 next, check again. The final hole at 1/4" is done from the top of the panel then flip to the back of the panel.

image3.jpeg image5.jpeg image4.jpeg image6.jpeg

Use the final and bigger drill bit and slowly, go over your hole just to add a lip around it in the acrylic. This will allow the led mount to clip properly through the strip and make sure it holds in place. Also, If it doesn't clip, you won't be able to insert a 5mm LED inside it. Won't be a problem if you're using 3mm .. and even less if you don't have electronic of course.

image7.jpeg

Clip your LED mounts through it and install under the panel. Glue with a hot glue gun!! Admire your work!

PS Notice that the lights are not aligned on the strip, you can reproduce that or idealize it by drilling them all centered.

image9.jpeg image8.jpeg

For those who have installed the handles on their panel .. I drilled a scrap panel I had here and we can't pass a bolt from behind since it's too tight on the wall .. did you just put a rod/headless bolt through your handle then glued directly into the panel hole?

I kinda remember seeing pics of this in some threads .. but can't seem to find it again! Too much research, not enough time!

That's the Colonial Bronze handles I bought online. I have 4 sets, I will keep 2 set, I put 2 chrome sets on sale in my greeblies sale thread.

For those who have installed the handles on their panel .. I drilled a scrap panel I had here and we can't pass a bolt from behind since it's too tight on the wall .. did you just put a rod/headless bolt through your handle then glued directly into the panel hole?

I kinda remember seeing pics of this in some threads .. but can't seem to find it again! Too much research, not enough time!

I screwed in the screws then cut the heads off. Then I held everything in place with JB Weld.

Photo%20Apr%2002%209%2054%2018%20PM_zpsko9dgfnk.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2002%209%2054%2047%20PM_zps03wk4xcs.jpg

Yep, I'm pretty sure I took this idea from you QC! Thanks ..
I ended up using hot glue though .. I kinda didn't want this to be too permanently fixed. Also, since I didn't use the bolt threads inside the panel, I put the bolts into my electric drill and turned them over the side of a file at max speed, that allowed me to remove all the threading to make them thinner and it really helped!

Oh and for the record people, do all the sanding and drilling BEFORE the paint job, not after .. :facepalm

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back