Han In Carbonite in Canada - Build thread

Change of temp got all my screws patch work to recess into the box .. so I had to redo the bondo on all screw heads! :) I say better now than after it's painted!!!

IMG_3714.JPG IMG_3715.JPG

In the meantime, I painted all my new greeblies .. my own set .. my precious! Love the color .. it really does look like cheat alu/metal like the original!

IMG_3711.JPG IMG_3712.JPG IMG_3713.JPG

Next step, ship packages for client, glue the greeblies on and figure out the 19 rings!

Change of temp got all my screws patch work to recess into the box .. so I had to redo the bondo on all screw heads! :) I say better now than after it's painted!!!

View attachment 647738 View attachment 647739

In the meantime, I painted all my new greeblies .. my own set .. my precious! Love the color .. it really does look like cheat alu/metal like the original!

View attachment 647741 View attachment 647742 View attachment 647743

Next step, ship packages for client, glue the greeblies on and figure out the 19 rings!
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1469473552227.jpghey Alain got him mounted just need those decals for the finishing touches now!! Enjoy [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Finally go the rings done!! Plastic tubing cut at around 1/4" on the skill saw. I couldn't believe this would work!!

I just couldn't cut all the way through as it would crack or break the ring so I left a sprue-like section that I'll sand off!

ec58e38218f2d6547f74de40e540f3c7.jpg
ab29e6afec713a42dbcb4f8e494ac427.jpg
44bd9aabc523c3ebf06ceefcdf55cd22.jpg

Then the next day, my back snapped again so I'm in bed once more waiting for it to pass! So tired of this ****!

Finally go the rings done!! Plastic tubing cut at around 1/4" on the skill saw. I couldn't believe this would work!!

I just couldn't cut all the way through as it would crack or break the ring so I left a sprue-like section that I'll sand off!

Then the next day, my back snapped again so I'm in bed once more waiting for it to pass! So tired of this ****!

Hmmm maybe you can use a sprue-like section for your back? :D

Feel better!

These look awesome! !
But can you tell us the
ID, OD, and thickness is you went with?
;)

Also working on the fresh batch of parts you just sent !!!
The machined parts are amazing by the way !!!! Your killing it man !!!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/ec58e38218f2d6547f74de40e540f3c7.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/ab29e6afec713a42dbcb4f8e494ac427.jpg http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/44bd9aabc523c3ebf06ceefcdf55cd22.jpg

This is such an awesome build. When you cut the plastic tubing next time, i always add a wooden dowel through it to help keep everything strong and from cracking. Works.

I need to get someone to make the panels for me so i dont have to go crazy trying to assemble them lol. I still cant figure out what part is what. Great job with this

Yeah, I wanted to find a dowel to fit inside for 2 reasons: 1 cut without this thing exploding and 2, being able to sand those rings so that they stay square. I didn't find one yet, but I will before painting them, they kinda all have some disparities in height and are not totally square on both sides. Again .. who will notice... at some point, I got to finish this project! :)

Had about 20 min. of free time in all my week end so I painted them!!

It's a real pain to have so tiny free spots in the schedule .. You can't do anything useful and it feels like nothing is moving forward!

I need to touch up 1 d-ring and the 2 khaki/green color greeblies (half sphere and button).

Then finally glue them all with E6000!

OD (outside diam.) is 19mm // 3/4"
Thickness is .85mm // 1/32"
Height is 6mm // 1/4"

D-Rings and cups were designed with that in mind for anyone who got my parts.

These look awesome! !
But can you tell us the
ID, OD, and thickness is you went with?
;)

Also working on the fresh batch of parts you just sent !!!
The machined parts are amazing by the way !!!! Your killing it man !!!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Hi everybody! First of all tell thanks to @Bigturc and @Kurtboy, them are making my dream reallity. I don't received the panels yet but them are about arrive according Mail page.
Well come to the point, 3 questions:
1.- I think I did asked already (forgive me if I did, I have been resting so bad last months) but, who sells the pockets? and how much if you still doing runs? Maybe I asked this as well to @Bigturc but I don't remember now. EDIT: Are the pockets shaped for the original hole (I mean the inclined sides) or perfect squared?
2.- What I already asked to him (by PM but didn't answered yet, I guess he is busy, hope don't be his back again! :cry) is about the electrics. Do @Darthchromer and @Warpcell still selling the Panel n1 and n2 electrics respectively?
3.- Anybody sells the body of Solo? This is, without the head?

Thanks to everybody in advance!

PS: Forgive my eye-bleading horrible english!... You know... Bad resting and no PC makes DanSolo... something something :wacko

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back