WIP Injustice Deathstroke - New to ALL of this!

NerdyPop13

Hey everyone, just another cool guy trying to be awesome by making or at least trying to make a Injustice Deathstroke costume for my 11 year old son. Before I even knew what I agreed to I had already committed to the project. I had no idea how difficult it would be to find materials to throw this mamma-jamma together! I'm coming in the home stretch but still struggling due to lack of experience. I'll be posting photos of my progress soon and if there's anything you all see that I could improve on I'd love to hear it! It could only help me to make a better costume for my son.

Hi, I had a friend tell me to use my old camping matt which worked pretty good for the armor but I couldn't find any foam to use for the mask itself. it was all either too thick or too thin and I ended up making it from paper mache so I really hope it holds up well once I begin the paint on it.

20151026_135702.jpg20151026_135721.jpg20151026_135815.jpg20151026_135843.jpg20151026_135935.jpg20151026_135915.jpg20151026_140003.jpg20151026_144706.jpg
This is what I have done so far, still in the middle of making the shin armor, which is more difficult than what I was expecting. I also wasn't able to find any toy/replica M-9 or Colt handguns which I didn't realize would be such a hassle either. I am such an beginner at all of this, sheesh! So any tips, advice, comments or pointers would be absolutely appreciated. Thanks for stopping thru!

Everything you've made so far looks great! Especially considering this is your first go!

For the shins, I recommend making each in 3 pieces: the front panel and then the two side panels, cutting the materials on an angle so that they match up correctly at the seam. OR, do it all in one piece but liberally use a heat gun to get those creases that you want there.

Thanks for that cuz I'm seriously stumped on this, my last two attempts looked very, very not good at all haha! I'll give it another shot and I appreciate the positive comments!

Sure thing man! Check out the video below. Right around the 3:00 mark, you can see what I am talking about with the angled cuts. Just make sure you account for the curvature of the design!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome video! I've been checking out some of the other builds here and I'm just blown away by the craftsmanship. Hope I can level up soon!!!

I've noticed there's a lot of people that have done the Injustice Deathstroke build, but there's no templates for anything other than the helmet. Is it not allowed to post them here or just no one has done it yet? Not a complaint, just curious I guess

I've noticed there's a lot of people that have done the Injustice Deathstroke build, but there's no templates for anything other than the helmet. Is it not allowed to post them here or just no one has done it yet? Not a complaint, just curious I guess

It is definitely allowed, but most people don't. Some want their templates to remain exclusive to themselves (despite being based on an existing design), others just don't bother because they'd rather post the physical product, etc.

Have you checked out JFcustom's FOAM Files thread? He has done a TON of different armor templating for foam, and offers them all for free download right from the thread there. You may be able to find a costume whose legs closely resemble what you want.

Well I'm gonna have to go back and redo the templates I made & post them. They're not the greatest but maybe they can be used as a guideline for someone else.

I did check out that thread as well as Lad's & finally got something figured out for the shin armor. It's already crunch time so I'm kinda having to speed up the pace!

***Update***

Bad news for my build, I was trying to wrap it all up a couple of days before Halloween but my son caught a bug from school or something so I had to change my attention towards him. Unfortunately he missed getting to put his costume on, but I figured I could use the time to fine tune everything for him to wear at SDCC. Welp, San Diego got some much needed rain the last couple of days, unfortunately I left the build outside on the balcony & the weather somehow caused the build to come apart at the glued areas. The only thing to survive were the gauntlets & a few random areas of the other parts. Not sure if I skipped a step or if this is a regular problem but hey, guess it's a learning process. Injustice Deathstroke v2 starts tonight.

FB_IMG_1453306585514_1.jpg

Made this for my son 2 years ago. I used jfcustoms helmet which was really nice. I wish i made templates for the armor though, i threw away everything i sketched after i used them

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back