Target BB8 disposal

The one at my Target is still up and running, though he's starting to sound a bit tired...

Went to multiple targets and they're already gone. Nobody seems to know what they did with them. A couple targets still had them up, but didn't know about any reset coming up.

yup same here i saw it just last week and then I went yesterday and it was gone, I drove around to the dumpster to see if it was there but no luck

Yes, per company memo.

As I said in an earlier post someone started a rumor that I offered the store $500, so instead of 10-15 people signing up there where about 50 most hoping to get some free money.
Apparently my store never got the memo. From what I hear, he went straight to the compactor last week.

There is conflicting information going around. Some are stating that selling is not allowed, some stores aren't even raffling them off and just destroying them, and others haven't said anything about selling.

Originally the Target stores were given specific instructions to destroy the BB-8 display. It is Target policy anyway, but because of licensing issues, this particular display was called out for destruction. Later, for whatever reason, all stores with the display were told to have a drawing among all of the team members in that store and give it to whoever had their name drawn at random. The person who said they have two from stores: I highly doubt that. If any store said they destroyed them, they were most likely lying (or kept it for themselves?). The management teams were given specific instructions from Target headquarters about this.

Target team member here. Seems as though a couple of you guys were right when it came to the disposal. I actually work in electronics and we take care of toys and we got no word to get rid of it destroy or anything from the vendor or anyone else. Guess it really depends on the store, and lucky me the STL and one the ETLs of my store appreciated my work ethic and was kind enough to let me take it when I asked haha. I even personally took it down when I built the end cap and this was about a week ago. Not sure when other stores are doing it because we placed an easter end cap over the star wars

I was in my local Target 2 days ago and I asked an employee in electronics about BB8.
She told me that it's still somewhere in the store, she knew where it was hidden but that management won't be giving it to anyone.

They plan to crush it...

I was told by every Target within a 60 mile radius of where I live, they would all be destroyed and they would NOT sell or give them to anyone. Same in TX where some family lives. Stupid......

I know a guy who got one but he wouldn't tell me how he got it and he doesn't want to sell it. I tried to get him to name a price for someone on here but he said no way. If he does ever decide to sell he said he would call me first,

(Sorry had to take picture down)

Last edited:
It's just maddening what people are asking for something that was free while the rest get destroyed.
The person I spoke to said the store had been offered a grand or more but the offer was rejected.

I've notice they started around $2000 on eBay but now since there are so many they're down under $1000

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back