Alita: Battle Angel (Post-release)

What did you think of Alita: Battle Angel?

• Total voters
Conflicted over this given how badly live action movies based on anime tend to be when made in the US and frankly after Avatar my faith in Cameron has gone down.

I'm amazed at how many of these really old anime/manga properties are suddenly coming to the us. There's a cartoon on adult swim that i remember being a comic back in 1997/98 and suddenly it's a new anime.

Que?? Cameron is NOT going to direct Battle Angel??? :wacko
He's been saying he would for.... forever? :lol oooh kay

I'm guessing after Avatar 4 he will do another documentary.... "James Cameron goes to Mars" probably. NASA obviously can't so... :popcorn

Que?? Cameron is NOT going to direct Battle Angel??? :wacko
He's been saying he would for.... forever? :lol oooh kay

I'm guessing after Avatar 4 he will do another documentary.... "James Cameron goes to Mars" probably. NASA obviously can't so... :popcorn

Co-produced with Sir Richard Branson.

Elysium muddied the waters a bit by stealing some of Alita's core concepts (e.g. Tiphires and class division) and twisting them into something more sophomoric and banal.

kit-cat-clock-small-o.gif

I do wonder if some story simply do not work as live action movies but only in other media. And if so, why. I can´t wrap my head around it atm, but I guess it has something to do with the suspension of disbelief. Maybe if we accept ONE version of a story and the world that it happens in including the set rules, we can´t transpose that experience onto another version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back