'95 lawgiver project

flastra

DSC_0179.JPG

I wanted a small(ish) project so I decided on a lawgiver and managed to find a ps1 lightgun on ebay for £1, I remember a friend having one when I was younger and noticed how much it looked like a lawgiver from the stallone film, it even has the leds already inside

I have one of these guns & given the time intended to make it into a 95 Lawgiver. I haven't got round to it yet so i'll be following your project with interest.

I hoping to make a start on the weekend, gutting it and working out which of the innards I can re-use in the build, I'll post up progress pics as I go

well the taking apart and gutting was easy enough (pic 1)
now tomorrow the cutting and shutting can begin, from this (pic 2)
so that it resembles this a bit more (pic 3)

Attachments

• DSC_0180.JPG
    DSC_0180.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
  • 8632746_2.jpg
    8632746_2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 91
I cut off the rear sights (if that's what you call them) and cut off 2 of the 4 raised parts on the side ready for fibreglass and filler

Attachments

• DSC_0182.JPG
    DSC_0182.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Awaiting delivery of a vivitar monocular from America, to use for the front, I've seen some people have put LEDs in it, so I might try that

DSC_0187.JPGDSC_0189.JPG
Spent a while last night trying to dismantle the monocular without destroying it too much, might need the rest in the future (you never know). Hoping to fibreglass the gaping holes in the sides, so that there is enough strength to survive the next phase of removing/cutting unwanted parts

Last edited:
Enough sitting around, time to get back on this, so I bought an arduino nano to control everything and a 20mm x 80mm prototyping board for the leds etc
Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-39-09.png Screenshot_2016-02-14-10-39-46.png

1456857930246.jpg
And this is where it stands so far, I printed out a picture at 1\1 scale, laid the pieces on top and taped card in the gap, added pencils for support and filled the gap with fibre glass

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back