Imperial welding droids I'D Thread

Re: Imperial welding droid I'D Thread

sjanish, here are the other pics of the biker scout droid.

Thanks for the pics. Now that I see them all I was definitely wrong and that 1/12 JPS part.

The pen you are looking for:D

:eek Wow! I picture you waving your hand and saying that in a calm, soothing voice. Hopefully they are still available in the same design. Not studio scale related, but any chance you recognize the scope from the Jabba gaurd blaster? I think it is the main body of a marker as well. I've been looking for years, I don't think it has been IDed. Pic credit www.partsofsw.com

dl18.JPG

Yes it's the tamiya

There's also vosper and Gepard on the arms

Is that chopped down vosper torpedoes that the marker lid attach too?

No, it's from an Italeri kit. :)

Thanks. I don't have any Italeri tanks, off to the kit scans.

Last edited:

The tamiya 1/20 lotus jps mkIII looks close to the seat on droid 1

Last edited by a moderator:

The tamiya 1/20 lotus jps mkIII looks close to the seat on droid 1

I had that thought as well, but I think the rectangular base on the bottom of the seat is actually molded as part of the seat, not a modified JPS. I could be wrong. I've looked through all of my 1/20 and all of the kit scans I can find and have not seen and exact match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok here is what I got so far on the Vader droid...please critique where needed and I can update the map

Last edited:

Ok here is what I got so far on the Vader droid...please critique where needed and I can update the map

Someone check the M23, JPS, or other F1 kit for the curly pipe that goes from the neck to the head. I'm pretty sure that is it, but want someone else to confirm or deny.

The little wheel at the base of the arm, where it sits on an F1 rim, looks like a train wheel. It is not Leopold/Morser, although a little sanding could make them work if I am seeing the scale correctly.

Thanks for the pics. Now that I see them all I was definitely wrong and that 1/12 JPS part.

:eek Wow! I picture you waving your hand and saying that in a calm, soothing voice. Hopefully they are still available in the same design. Not studio scale related, but any chance you recognize the scope from the Jabba gaurd blaster? I think it is the main body of a marker as well. I've been looking for years, I don't think it has been IDed. Pic credit www.partsofsw.com

View attachment 541914

Is that chopped down vosper torpedoes that the marker lid attach too?

Thanks. I don't have any Italeri tanks, off to the kit scans.

M7 Priest.

The lotus seat looks way too long to me. The wider flare outward seems correct, but just wrong in length.

And I just got the MPC Vader kit. I checked to see if the back of Vader's head is what has been used as the sphere in the dome and I don't think it is correct. Its a bit on the small size for that. It's not wide or round enough.

Edit: Thanks for the backup on the M23 being correct guys!

Last edited:

All mine are still juicy!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445118682.255382.jpg

I can sacrifice the two "least used colors in a set I never use much any more, anyway" if someone wants to mold these. Or maybe they're easy as pie to find, still? Either way, happy to lend them to the group. If you haven't used these, you're in for a treat upon uncapping - metal tubes, and back when markers still had xylene in them. These are easily 30 years old and are still as good as the day they were purchased.

The jabba gaurd gun scope looks like an electric meters probe but they are much smaller , I'd have to see a 3/4 rear view

All mine are still juicy!View attachment 542141

I can sacrifice the two "least used colors in a set I never use much any more, anyway" if someone wants to mold these. Or maybe they're easy as pie to find, still? Either way, happy to lend them to the group. If you haven't used these, you're in for a treat upon uncapping - metal tubes, and back when markers still had xylene in them. These are easily 30 years old and are still as good as the day they were purchased.

Ok ok I have about 23 spare sets of these of these!! Ok map updated

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back