Imperial welding droids I'D Thread

Re: Imperial welding droid I'D Thread

^ Yah, I see that now that I've had more than a cursory glance at it.
Anything else on that sprue used on the droid?

Looks like parts of the arms are motorcyle forks.The Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha RZ350 look close.The ball inside vaders helmet at first looked like 2 pieces to me,but could it be another vader helmet placed inside?

Dave

I don't understand!! This thread is not about the Vader tie!! And yes I have found the correct wing material!!And no it is not what everybody else has all ready found. If you don't want to contribute to this thread and instead insult and sabotage the thread. I don't have any problem sharing, I will update that thread ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for helping!! Big dog

Mark, be careful as your creating your own frustration again!!! Your contradicting yourself left, right and centre and always asking for help with parts and lists in here and PM's, yet you have just announced you have near complete parts maps of the X-1 and not shared with the people that you always come to for help and ask and get frustrated when they don't jump straight to your aid (read the last 3 posts in your X-1 thread for this observation).

Julien is not sabotaging anything he's pointing out exactly the same thing I said to you in PM when you asked me for the ID's for this......why when its a one way street all the time should people bother ? When the traffic clearly goes both ways its a more harmonious street to walk on.

When your desire for info is more important than the people that are helping you get it, then thats whats now known as a "Colorado Cough" its whats burying and separating this wonderful hobby....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad I was able to help, even if most of the finds were on accident. I don't have enough experience with kits to identify the style of model a part will come from, but I sure can drone over searching through kits! And to be honest, that Mclaren M23 find was the second kit that I even looked at once someone mentioned a possible F1 car seat. Beginners luck at its finest I would say.

Are you sure thats the correct seat though? :)

Looks like parts of the arms are motorcyle forks.The Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha RZ350 look close.The ball inside vaders helmet at first looked like 2 pieces to me,but could it be another vader helmet placed inside?

Dave

Based on size alone, a second vader helmet couldn't be placed inside the first. But I do think it could be the backside of Vader's mask that is there (maybe this is what you meant?). Could explain why the ball would fit so well in the space of the helmet, and would be another instance of multiple parts from one kit being used. This weekend I should have this kit coming in to check that orientation out.

Are you sure thats the correct seat though? :)

Nope! :^)
Yea mostly sure!

Dave

The RZ250 also shares the same forks and is an easier and cheaper buy :)

Thank you dirty Dave and guy!! I was thinking of hydraulic but had not even considered a motorcycle forks. The seat from the f1 is not correct and the mclaren does not look correct.

I looked at more than 20 formula race car kits and the mclaren m23 is the closest I have found as of now. Still looking. But th m23 looks like the right part.

Hi 41HWJ1CXeML.jpg2.0 welding droid

Been looking at this one and I'm thinking, that when it was made its likely the only biker scout helmet available was likely one of the stop mo helmets from they're own production :-(

Just a thought on the biker scout one, I was reading that the sideshow 1/4 scale speeder with biker scout, they made that one based off the stop motion!!

The Premium Format 1:4 Scale Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper figure is akin to the stop motion maquettes used in the making of the famous chase sequence in Return of the Jedi. Every detail of the speeder bike and scout trooper has been accurately recreated in 1:4 scale, utilizing a mixture of materials to capture the proper look and feel. The bike is cast in heavy-weight polystone and white metal, and is mounted on a sturdy support rod. The body of the biker scout is cast in high-density foam, and incorporates several points of articulation so that you may adjust the pose and attitude of the trooper's head.m

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a 1/4 sideshow speeder bike and biker scout and trying to figure out if the head would come off to cast.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    965.2 KB · Views: 223

looks like the 2 pieces on top of the turret could be wheels from the Gepard?

Dave

They certainly are, theres plenty of Gepard on the Scout trooper version too.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a plan Jason!!!!

Why not size it with he turret to see if its a match? You can put em next to each other to see if the scale is correct? Could save a lot of time, be interesting to see if its close?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back