Imperial welding droids I'D Thread

Re: Imperial welding droid I'D Thread

I tried (for my first time) to measure the diameter of the sphere inside of the helmet. I found it to be ~ 1.59" based on the width of the T62 turret given above. So I don't think it's a Plastruct hemisphere then. I also found it strange that there is a deep hole poked in the sphere on the left side of the front-on shot.

Are you saying voodocaster these are the correct parts from the city truck

Last edited:

Cool that is what this is all about!!!!!Finding the parts and every body's expertise and all helping one another!!! This is what it is all About.

Cool that is what this is all about!!!!!Finding the parts and every body's expertise and all helping one another!!! This is what it is all About.

Hey Mark, how far are you with your Vader's TIE part maps you were going to post a few months/years ago ?

Well I tried looking at some Tamiya F1 kits and I found one seat that I think could be it. The McLaren M23 here has a near perfect shape to it I think. My biggest concern is the flat taper around the edge, which comes and goes depending on the angles seen on the actual prop images. Any thoughts?
mclarenNICERseattree.jpg

You've found more than you realised!!

:eek: Thanks for the hint Guy! I hadn't even considered two parts being used from the same tree. In my 2 months of digging into SS models here I haven't really seen an easy break like that. It sure does look like the boomerang shaped pieces to the left of the seat are used as well (only 2 of them I think). Looks like one of the numbers reads part # 26 or 29..

And great catch on part #33 Axlotl!

I believe you hit the mother load big dog on the 1/20 Mclaren M23, great job and a great find? Thank you so much guys, we are all most there and we can start building this unknown SS model.
Thanks guy for showing this model that I didn't have any ideas. I am still searching through kits slowly

I have them all completed to what I can see!!! About 95% complete. I worked on them all by myself for about a 1 1/2 years.

That's great Mark ! Cant wait (and I know Im not the only one) for you to share the partmaps ! This is what it is all about !

I just hope the 95% you found by yourself are not the same 95% everyone else has already found so we can cross check our finds and get this beast 100% ID'ed ! So exciting ! Have you found the correct wing material screen ?? Thanks for sharing !

I'm glad I was able to help, even if most of the finds were on accident. I don't have enough experience with kits to identify the style of model a part will come from, but I sure can drone over searching through kits! And to be honest, that Mclaren M23 find was the second kit that I even looked at once someone mentioned a possible F1 car seat. Beginners luck at its finest I would say.

I don't understand!! This thread is not about the Vader tie!! And yes I have found the correct wing material!!And no it is not what everybody else has all ready found. If you don't want to contribute to this thread and instead insult and sabotage the thread. I don't have any problem sharing, I will update that thread ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for helping!! Big dog

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back