Tutorial DIY DC-17 Clone Trooper Pistol (FINISHED!)

Re: DIY DC-17 Clone Trooper Pistol - WIP

Well, after a couple of weeks of constant work I finally finished the basic construction of my DC-17 hand blaster!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zn8auahLTQ
Now I have to add putty, sand, add putty, sand, add putty and sand again a gazillion times before painting it. I want it to be pretty much perfect :p

IMG_6941%20800.jpg

But first I'll take a few days off. Happy new year! :)

Re: DIY DC-17 Clone Trooper Pistol - WIP (Ready to paint!)

Aaaannd... done! Really happy with the result. Now I can focus on my armor again ;)

IMG_7083%20800.jpg

This looks absolutely amazing! I have downloaded the blueprints to start my own so thank you for such an incredible look. My only problem that I'm running into is finding a place that supplies sheets of this type of plastic

These are so awesome. I am well underway building a set of these. I have gotten to the point where I am now thinking about the electronics part. I found the LED's like he used, battery pack and correct push buttons. But I'm thinking why have lights if there is No sound? I have done some research on it but would like to hear some suggestions about how to add sound from you all.

Last edited:
Depends on how much you want to spend.. and your skill level on electronics things?

You can use an Adafruit SoundFX board..

or a DFPlayer MIni board to add 'sounds'..

You can expand on these by using an Arduino to control the lights as sounds together.. to get a more seamless type effect.

While this a bit more extravagant and created for the full sized DC-17 blaster..
T
his is a kit I came up with a few years ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is really impressive!!! I want mine to act similar to that.I was already looking at the DFPlayer. I have 0 skill with electronics but that doesn't scare me. I'm always up for learning something new. I want the blasters to have the LED to flash when the trigger is pulled with the blaster sound to go with it. I appreciate you help.

You need to decide if you are going to use an Arduino/micro controller with it. or have it stand alone?

With it.. your LED control will be limited... to just on/off based on button pressing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back