Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check, where is the best place to pick up the most accurate D ring to replicate the museum Vader saber? (I did a quick keyword search in this thread but was not able to find any mention of it)

I will finally convert the Labrel I posted on page 2, got the gripes/bubbles/wires from Roy, and the circuit board from Sloth, but the D ring I got with the saber (I think it was a Blast Tech) looks to be more suitable for a Luke Graflex or Obi-Wan then Vader.

Thx :)

thx Sym-Cha, here it is.

although I am not sure if it was Blast Tech, or it it actually part of the package from Larbel? I wasn't a member here back then so I am not really sure, the grips and circuit board I got with the flash has a little piece of paper in it which says they were from Blast Tech.

DSC_0495[1].JPG

the one at the museum seems to be not as wide as this one, and it is pointer up the top too?

Actually it's a good enough D ... to get that more pointer top ... you could nibble/clip a bit on both sides in the center put it in the emitter and then slightly bend to the shape you prefer :)

Chaïm

MPP05.JPG

Take a look at this picture before you cut anything ... perhaps with just some bending you're good to go? Probably a bit of both ... clipping and bending now that I look at it ... mine is totally off no point whatsoever ... yet I leave it alone ... for now :)

20090820_6692.JPG

Chaïm

Last edited:
hmm

your d ring seems to be overall a size smaller then mine, but probably hard to tell w/o putting them side by side.

the widest points on my D ring would be reaching into the holes on both sides of the shroud, but looks like yours would probably sit within those two holes? also, it seems to be curvy-er at the bottom of your D ring, while mine is a straight line.

maybe some clipping/squeezing will fix it :)

My D-ring has been opened up because it was actually a bit to small and I needed to bend the curves, so yes it's probably not screen-accurate yet as a true propsmaker it's all I had to work with at the time ... yours might be a bit to big so the truth lurks somewhere in between to get it right ... I know you can make it work with your D-ring too :)

Chaïm

Schermafbeelding%202017-04-26%20om%2022.27.59_zpsgjdgs1bm.PNG

D-ring #2 from the fourth row or #3 from the last row is about the shape and size you'd need for Vader's lightsaber and about 2 mm in diameter . . . the reason being the way to get it off Vader's belt with that MPP thumbscrew in the way . . . which makes a smaller D not appropriate ... alas you need to order a minimum of 100 D's and I'm not certain how to order 100 of the same D's D-RING manufacturer from India Coastal Impex :wacko

Chaïm

Last edited:
Perhaps even Roy is willing to buy those Vader D-rings ... go ask him ... he's a nice guy to deal with and always assisting wherever he can :)

Chaïm

That's good news Roy. I'm on your list for two steel shrouds, but would love to pick up a couple extra, accurate MPP d-rings.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back