Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Subscribe
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 5:07 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #226

@Kylash ... Straight silver sidebars in ANH

@parfaitelumiere why don't you just paint those sidebars black like your shroud ... or if you can afford it anodize them?

Chaïm
  2. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 5:41 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #227

Looks great! How did you go about shortening the body?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    From
    Florida
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 9:02 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #228

parfaitelumiere said: View Post
    https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/93/47/07/vader_10.png

Parks vader lightsaber.
    Accuratized body (shortened)
    Wannawanga steel shroud with paint and natural rust
    Removed clamp lever.
    Rebelscum bubble with slothfurnace board
    Just to find black accurate bars to replace these ones, if someone has black bars and want to trade, I can shorten these ones to make accurate ANH version, because the customer wants a ESB version for this saber.

I am working on another steel shroud for my genuine mpp lightsaber.
    I may be looking for a genuine MPP axis with damaged or missing lever, not to damage my actual perfect lever.
    I may also be thinking about selling or better, trading my genuine accurate 1 step shroud, because I won't need it for my ESB lightsaber, but with perfect lever, it would be ok for a ANH vader version made from a genuine MPP.
    I'm building my genuine MPP ESB now.
    If you are interested in selling your vintage single step shroud, please consider me as a buyer.
    Last edited by Panaflex; 2 Weeks Ago at 9:10 PM.
  4. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 10, 2017, 3:04 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #229

Anodising is very hard to get especially a single piece.
    It would be easier to find a black pair of bars.

Shortening is a bit hard to do, because it needs to add some thread on the main body, and to shorten the end, just to save about 2mm, it was a try, it worked but I think it is not very useful to do it.

About the shroud I get 3 request for now, as the first was a friend, I will first offer to him the trade, if he declines, I will offer to second offer, etc.
    The trade would be a graflex, to make a rey lightsaber.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 10, 2017, 6:46 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #230

Hm ... well if I were a propmaker on a budget ... and everybody was waiting on set for the MPP based lightsaber ... I would paint the sidebars black ... or if really in a hurry I would just use a black sharpie marker ... and when it returns then paint the sidebars black

Chaïm
  6. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 10, 2017, 7:21 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #231

No way to make approximative stuff.
    Right way or nothing, but it's on the good way, someone here has black and wants silver, I have silver and want black...seems two will be happy with a trade!
  7. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 10, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #232

No way to make approximative stuff.
    Right way or nothing, but it's on the good way, someone here has black and wants silver, I have silver and want black...seems two will be happy with a trade!
    Hey Patrice... are your silver sidebars vintage?
  8. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 11, 2017, 7:21 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #233

Replica.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5411.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	735518

modified korbanth vader 2.0, parks shroud (no bolt on bottom) reduced bolts on sides and engraved letters.
  9. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 12, 2017, 2:51 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #234

If someone here has black tapered bars and matching lever (replicas) possible trade for silver straight bars and matching lever.
    If you have some TCSS or parks bars and lever it's probable the thread will be same, in this case if we do the trade I will send you your lever back, with my bars (modified if you want me to modify them)
    If the thread is different I will keep your lever, put back the head on mine and send you my bars and lever.
    As I will ship the parks MPP replica to his future owner, the trade will be available via him, I mean @Martin Sabers
  10. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 8:39 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #235

Name:	IM466.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	737162

Here is my vader with modified wannawanga shroud (shortened, sanded, painted and weathered)
    I finally removed the clamp lever.

if someone needs real MPP parts, I will be able to sell a clamp lever, a shroud (waiting for Chris reply first), a plaque, and I think I have a bulb holder somewhere wrong version, not sure it's complete also, also selling a already trimmed activation plate made from genuine exactra.
  11. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 8:47 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #236

Here is my vader with modified wannawanga shroud (shortened, sanded, painted and weathered)
    Nicely done!
    How did you weather the shroud? And what do you mean with shortened?
  12. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 8:55 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #237

Hi Roy, in fact there was a minor damage, I think it's because of a specific cleaning using sandblasting after casting, I saw same process in industrial forging.
    I get two shrouds, I lef one as it is and finished by painting and weathering.
    The other, I sanded it down completely for sharper design, even it's not really useful, because you can see the first is very accurate to original prop (parks replica with silver bars on page 9), but I wanted to clean up as much as possible
    I shortened it a bit for more accurate shape, on the bottom, the smaller diameter with slope is shorter than larger diameter.
    Weathering is acid process.
  13. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 8:58 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #238

Aha, ok. Can you describe how you managed to get the chips in the paint? And what do you mean with an acid process?
  14. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 9:09 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #239

the chips, I just...chiped the paint aha.
    painting, then I remove the paint where I don't want some paint.
    Acid process, is using nitric acid, then you wait and you get color.
    From
    Orlando
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 9:44 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #240

Name:	IM466.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	737162

if someone needs real MPP parts, I will be able to sell a clamp lever, a shroud (waiting for Chris reply first), a plaque, and I think I have a bulb holder somewhere wrong version, not sure it's complete also, also selling a already trimmed activation plate made from genuine exactra.
    Damn, my ANH lightsaber is genuine MPP with the correct portholes, correct end cap and correct straight cut silver sidebars....however it has the 2 step shroud.
    It would be great to finally complete this saber with a genuine 1 step shroud after 16 years.

Let me know if youre willing to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 4:17 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #241

Really nice and with the right black trapezoidal bars ;-)

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk