Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 9, 2017, 5:07 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #226

@Kylash ... Straight silver sidebars in ANH

@parfaitelumiere why don't you just paint those sidebars black like your shroud ... or if you can afford it anodize them?

Chaïm
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; 4 Weeks Ago at 4:37 AM.
  2. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    Jun 9, 2017, 5:41 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #227

Looks great! How did you go about shortening the body?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 10, 2017, 6:46 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #228

Hm ... well if I were a propmaker on a budget ... and everybody was waiting on set for the MPP based lightsaber ... I would paint the sidebars black ... or if really in a hurry I would just use a black sharpie marker ... and when it returns then paint the sidebars black

Chaïm
  4. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Jun 11, 2017, 7:21 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #229

Replica.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5411.PNG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	735518

modified korbanth vader 2.0, parks shroud (no bolt on bottom) reduced bolts on sides and engraved letters.
  5. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jun 18, 2017, 8:47 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #230

parfaitelumiere said: View Post
    Here is my vader with modified wannawanga shroud (shortened, sanded, painted and weathered)
    I finally removed the clamp lever.
    Nicely done!
    How did you weather the shroud? And what do you mean with shortened?
  6. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Jun 18, 2017, 8:58 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #231

Aha, ok. Can you describe how you managed to get the chips in the paint? And what do you mean with an acid process?
  7. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Jun 18, 2017, 9:09 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #232

the chips, I just...chiped the paint aha.
    painting, then I remove the paint where I don't want some paint.
    Acid process, is using nitric acid, then you wait and you get color.
    From
    Orlando
    Jun 18, 2017, 9:44 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #233

Attachment 737162

Here is my vader with modified wannawanga shroud (shortened, sanded, painted and weathered)
    I finally removed the clamp lever.

if someone needs real MPP parts, I will be able to sell a clamp lever, a shroud (waiting for Chris reply first), a plaque, and I think I have a bulb holder somewhere wrong version, not sure it's complete also, also selling a already trimmed activation plate made from genuine exactra.
    Damn, my ANH lightsaber is genuine MPP with the correct portholes, correct end cap and correct straight cut silver sidebars....however it has the 2 step shroud.
    It would be great to finally complete this saber with a genuine 1 step shroud after 16 years.

Let me know if youre willing to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jun 18, 2017, 4:17 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #234

Really nice and with the right black trapezoidal bars ;-)

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Aug 1, 2017, 2:44 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #235

Just a reminder that this is not a sales thread so please remember if you have something that you want to sell you need to start a thread in the Junkyard. Thanks.
  11. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Sep 9, 2017, 3:56 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #236

A last picture of my genuine MPP with last configuration.
    I finally put a modified wannawanga steel shroud, and wannawanga grips, with weathering and damages on both.
    The bubble is blue board version, original one of course.
    blue wire comes from a adaptor that was inside the hilt, to use a 9v battery instead of 3 D cells.
    Brown from a old fridge, other, I don't remember.

Name:	IMG150.pnG 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	757670
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 9, 2017, 4:20 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #237

I'd love a tutorial on how you weathered that shroud.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Sep 9, 2017, 4:30 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #238

SethS said: View Post
    I'd love a tutorial on how you weathered that shroud.
    You and me both!!! Liquid latex?!
  14. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    Sep 9, 2017, 5:50 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #239

Excellent saber, Patrice! I hope to do something similar when I get my Roman MPPs. Kudos!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
  15. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 9, 2017, 9:57 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #240

Yes Patrice, please share your method! It looks really good!
  16. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Sep 10, 2017, 5:04 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #241

I can do comissions, process is simple, painting, removing, and rusting (real rust)
    From
    East Riding of Yorkshire...originally from Glasgow!
    Sep 10, 2017, 5:26 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #242

Fantastic job and utterly authentic and convincing looking!

Rich
    Sep 10, 2017, 11:13 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #243

Beautiful piece. do you still have it? I thought you sold it?

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk
    From
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Sep 11, 2017, 10:05 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #244

This looks very accurate to what we see today except for the wires.

Name:	PropStoreHero1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	758154

Just wondering about the blue and white wires being an apparently larger diameter than shown.
    It seems logical that they'd use wire that came w/ the MPP to make it look less like a camera part and more like a lightsaber.

An earlier quote about you:
    "Parfaitelumiere once sold me vintage wires coming from MPP guts ... a red, blue and white ... they were exact the same in size as the smaller white and blue in the pictures shown above of the real lightsaber prop and they have a different smaller gauge size than the red, brown and grey used. I see what Marv means but it's hard to draw conclusions from pictures without having the real prop in hand, turning it over in the light to examine it more closely. Though it's possible, I highly doubt the propmakers, back in 1981/82, went to such lenghts to paint the wires different colors for fun sake. I for one never found the correct reddish brown ... so if paint was applied on white or grey wires it would make it easier to get accurate appearance as seen on screen

Chaim"

Ok- wire came from the MPP is used to make it look like a lightsaber, so where did the thin white and blue wires we see now come from?

If the prop used in ROTJ is the same as the one in ESB, did someone just replace missing wires w/ wires of the same color but not diameter?

Perhaps I've missed something about this discrepancy, and would like to know what.

A last picture of my genuine MPP with last configuration.
    I finally put a modified wannawanga steel shroud, and wannawanga grips, with weathering and damages on both.
    The bubble is blue board version, original one of course.
    blue wire comes from a adaptor that was inside the hilt, to use a 9v battery instead of 3 D cells.
    Brown from a old fridge, other, I don't remember.
  20. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    Sep 11, 2017, 11:20 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #245

I used larger wire because the thin ones were ugly, I prefer same diameter everywhere.
  21. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 11, 2017, 12:07 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #246

The blue and white wires are definitely thinner... I had to swap them out in my build; I originally had them the same gauge as the brown and grey wires on the other side...

Name:	Vader ESB Build_2b.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1,013.1 KB 
ID:	758168
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 7:43 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #247

Sorry if this is redundant, but what is the consensus on the shape of the ANH black sidebars? It looks straight to me in the reference photos, but I'm not 100% certain.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 11:06 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #248

That B&W shot with the alternate calculator display does have rectangular sidebars, and they are black.

The ESB and ROTJ MPP seems to have trapezoidal black sidebars, and it was probably a leftover from ANH
  24. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 11:10 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #249

belloq said: View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant, but what is the consensus on the shape of the ANH black sidebars? It looks straight to me in the reference photos, but I'm not 100% certain.
    ANH sidebars are silver (unless you're asking about the "v2" variant). The ANH sidebars are rectangular in shape with rounded length-wise edges, while the ESB/ROTJ sidebars are trapezoidal in shape with squared off length-wise edges...

Name:	IMG_3742.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	759771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bubble 8.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	759772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3757.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	759773
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2017, 2:36 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #250

Indeed, my question referred to the ANH black sidebars MPP, not the silver. So straight/rectangular I guess, thanks!