1966 Batcave

SteveStarkiller

Sr Member
Something I've been working on in my spare time, mainly to distract myself from obsessing too much about the Force Awakens.

The 60s Batman was my introduction into that world, by way of a Batmania Marathon in 1988. My grandma recorded eight hours of it, and I still have the VHS tape which I watch at least once a year (crazy 80s commercials and all). I always loved that Batcave, and I'm having a lot of fun stepping into it, and unraveling its secrets.

Atomic Pile is almost complete, and now I need to finish all the various bat-computers, and the cave walls.

anybody got any reference they'd be willing to pass along?

thanks!

attachment.png

attachment.png

Without any solid blueprints, I used Sketchup's Photomatch tool to create the model of the Atomic Pile, and work out the basics of the walls and some console dimensions.

overlay1.PNGoverlay2.PNGoverlay3.PNG

hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• batcave.png
    batcave.png
    975.3 KB · Views: 13,875
  • elevation1.PNG
    elevation1.PNG
    143.7 KB · Views: 2,286
  • overlay1.PNG
    overlay1.PNG
    922.9 KB · Views: 925
  • overlay2.PNG
    overlay2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,069
  • overlay3.PNG
    overlay3.PNG
    868.2 KB · Views: 908
I love this sooo much.

I was just talking to a friend of mine and it is an evening ritual for him to watch an episode of this with his 5 year old daughter every night before bed. They're burning through the entire series.

That's awesome. You forget that this series is such a part of batman.

here are some more renders.

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

attachment.png

Attachments

• batcave05.png
    batcave05.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,679
  • batcave06.png
    batcave06.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,869
  • batcave07.png
    batcave07.png
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 2,050
  • batcave08.png
    batcave08.png
    939.7 KB · Views: 1,852
  • batcave04.png
    batcave04.png
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 1,713
  • batcave03.png
    batcave03.png
    916.2 KB · Views: 2,132
  • batcave02.png
    batcave02.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,650
  • batcave01.png
    batcave01.png
    992.6 KB · Views: 1,755
Hi Steve,

Really loving your Batcave model. Brings back a lot of memories from when I was a kid.

I built this Electrodata console quite a while ago for my Jupiter 2 CG model, and if you would like, you are more then welcome to it for the Batcave. I can provide it in either OBJ or FBX format.

Let me know.

Thanks...
Al

EData.jpg

Hey Al,

thanks for the offer! Your model looks great. Half the fun for me though will be building one myself. So much of this project is about really getting into the details, so I'm not allowing myself shortcuts. I really appreciate the info that it's an Electrodata Console, though, that really helps!

thanks for all the compliments everybody!

Hi Steve,

I totally understand your philosophy. I am pretty much the same way where I would prefer to do things myself. A great resource for the Electrodata Console is through the Lost In Space Yahoo group. Bill Hedges had access to an original console and took lots of measurements and drew up a set of blueprints. Worth checking out.

Al

This is totally amazing! SketchUp is my "weapon of choice", too. ;) Hoe do you make the renders? SketchUp's rendering engine is by far not so advanced to create such life-like results.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back