Suicide Squad Deadshot Costume build

Iggy101

Hey I am a new member and this well be my first thread. I am wanting to build Deadshot Costume from the new Suicide Squad,

The the only thing I can really find is the Long sleeve Compression top and I could spray paint the detail into it.

Any help finding out each piece of Costume would be great

Suicide-Squad-Deadshot-Costume-HD-682x1024.jpg
V5-1201163-600_HTF

Unfortunately I don't think there is a lot of off the shelves items in his suit. Maybe the shoulder pads ? Looks like modded knee pads of some kind. The red shirt has a collar as you can see, so maybe focus on fitness/heat gear with that feature. I do think it's a custom job too though, so you might need to settle for "close enough". The vest looks suspiciously live the foam mats we all use in foam builds. It probably isn't, but I'm guessing you can free hand something and have it look really close.
The guns alone look like they'd cost a fortune to replicate, lots and lots of custom parts, compensators and other stuff. They appear to be all real guns though, some kind of AR for the rifle and maybe a heavily customised 1911 for the side arm, reminds me a lot of IPSC guns. Would need more digging to make sure.

You'll also have to replace the straps on the thigh rigs with (I think) Blackhawk straps and Aplin Cobra buckles. And the boots are reebok.

The rifle is an AR-15 and is fitted with a Magpul CTR stock

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319164110/magpul-stock-ctr-collapsible-ar-15-carbine-synthetic

RMR Red Dot in black is mounted on top of the rifle's ACOG scope, and also appears to be on the Glock 17 strapped on his thigh.

http://www.eurooptic.com/trijicon-rmr-red-dot-sight-rm04.aspx.

The gold baseplates on all magazines (for the Glocks and AR-15) are TTI Firepower mag extensions

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/tti-major-firepower-pmag-magazine-extension-for-308/
http://www.defensereview.com/taran-...basepads-for-enhanced-glock-pistol-firepower/

The rifle's muzzle-break and hand-guard that have "I am the light, the way" written on appear to be custom-machined at the moment. Still looking for the Glock mag holders, there's some very similar but none exact yet. Other than the shoulders I'd guess the rest is custom-made?

Last edited:
On a side note, if anyone is looking for a good view of the back, photos of the DC Collectibles statue show it well but they haven't appeared in many places. The statue seems pretty accurate on the front so I'd rely on the back to be the same.
This view seems to show there is a leather(?) pad that goes under the each piece of shoulder armour, linking the sections together. Most visible on the raised arm. Also having real trouble finding that dual holster on his lower back so I think that may be custom-made?
DCC-Suicide-Squad-Deadshot-Statue-005.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I have the money to buy all those mag pouches, probably gonna have to make them and settle for good enough. I've already made a good enough gun out of an old Nerf gun I had laying around, still not finished though.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
I've got some irons in the fire with the mask, and I've bought a couple close enough mags for pretty cheap.

Nothing wrong with 'close enough'! I'll be making all the tactical gear too, now that we've sourced some there's at least better references for making them.

There's a guy on the Pepakura Library named Anthony Tellez who's doing a good job free handing the torso armor. I used a picture he posted, put it on Microsoft Paint, and created a template from it.image.jpegimage.jpeg
Turned out pretty well.

Sorry, I did mean it's a set with both knee and elbow pads that can be doubled up for the overlapped knee pads, I just worded it weird.

That same guy is working on a mask template which I think he was planning on sharing, and I've talked to someone at the Pepakura Workshop that was gonna give it a go.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back