Suicide Squad Deadshot Costume build

I haven't yet, I was busy getting ready for planet Comicon, and then the last two weeks I've been lazy. I did finally clean up my work area though, so I might start on the torso armor on Sunday.

hey guys, i'm a professional Will Smith lookalike and i'm looking for someone to help make this outfit for me, Anyone had any luck?

Well I got around to doing the front of the armor, looks off because of the different colored foam, but I'm happy with it.
imagejpeg

The picture doesn't seem to want to load from my phone, but I'll add it from my computer later.

[h=2]take a look at this shirt, you can probably get in white then dye it..

Under Armour ColdGear Compression EVO Mock Hockey Shirt longsleeve[/h]

I'm currently working on making the mask in EVA foam which is probably the cheapest way to do it, but I haven't found any existing templates for it, so I'm sort of freehanding mine using a Flash cowl template as a base and building on it.

Anyone any Idea on the custom hand/wrist gun It just wouldn't be the same without it and I think and shoulder pads and back plates may have been taken of motocross gear/body armor pricey but good to model around.

I freehanded my wrist guns, also from EVA foam. But I have seen one or two 3D prints around if you're looking to buy a pair.

Attachments

• WIN_20160602_11_04_52_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160602_11_04_52_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 360
I only saw them in passing on the RPF facebook group about a week ago - I have scrolled through it again to try and find them but I'm afraid I couldn't, sorry I can't be of more help!

Looks like it was Buster Props. I contacted them, and they're still working on it, but they should have them up for sale around mid-July

I forgot to mention, those wrist guns look amazing, I'm afraid to free hand mine because I feel I'll do one well and the other completely different

Yes, Buster Props! Now that you mention the name it jogs my memory, glad you found those.
Thank you! I was worried about the same thing, but with every new part I worked on, I did exactly the same on each gun at the same time rather than building one and then building the other, which I think was probably how I kept them mostly consistent. There are small inconsistencies still but given that I plan to use them for conventions rather than display, 6ft rule!

Does anyone have any ideas on what the fabric in the undershirt might be? It doesn't look like a normal athletics compression shirt like the one pictured at the start of this thread, the fabric doesn't appear to wrinkle in the same fashion and looks glossier and heavier. It's also got a zip at the back.
(Fabric is very much not my area of expertise - so apologies for my lack of knowledge here.) Screenshot (89).png

I'm not too versed in fabrics either but I'm guessing that there were several different shirts with different fabric. The one in the picture you posted looks like a promo shot. From a lot of the pictures I have been able to download from the web, the material looks more like an under armour type in the action shots. Regardless, it was definitely a custom job. I'm thinking it may have to be one of the "close enough" areas for this costume.

Here's a great pic from the back. I don't think you'll find this in any store.

CHAm6rnUgAAp5NQ.jpg

Eastbay has a decent red under armor-type mock turtle neck that I bought, I'll glue on the neck writing and am consider using spray fabric paint and a mesh laundry bag like material to make the darker red parts.

The sides have some sort of padding which I'm sure wouldn't be all that difficult to make if you know how to sew, but I'll forgo that part.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
Since I've been posting today, I figured I'd post these, too. Freehanded the templates myself. I actually have the shoulder parts made and it's all attached, but I don't have a picture yet.

Honestly, outside of the mask, this is kind of a signature part of the costume. If you cut corners elsewhere, I think it would be worth the price the commission someone to print and see this up.

Eastbay has a decent red under armor-type mock turtle neck that I bought, I'll glue on the neck writing and am consider using spray fabric paint and a mesh laundry bag like material to make the darker red parts.

The sides have some sort of padding which I'm sure wouldn't be all that difficult to make if you know how to sew, but I'll forgo that part.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back