Lots of original Star Wars props sold on eBay today.

im actually surprised the vader helmet did not sell, i guess when it comes to the movies screen used is more valuable then prototypes.

Blockade_Runner_Profiles_in_History_ebay_auction.jpg

I'm sure that Vader is part of the production, but for some reason it just doesnt look appealing or accurate in so many levels.

I really don't get the slave Leia price. I understand that this is likely the closest someone will get to owning a 'real' slave Leia, but over half of the costume is a reproduction. Did the winning bidder read the description?

:O 375,000? I don't even know what I would do if I could just drop 375,000 dollars for a miniature screen used piece that probably has to come with a child choking hazard label :p

The prices there are not for people like us (or like me at least, don't know about you guys :p), my house doesn't worth that much LOL.

BTW that Tantive IV is 16"

I'm sure that Vader is part of the production, but for some reason it just doesnt look appealing or accurate in so many levels.

Agreed, it's a very curious casting and may actually have been made by the production crew (I don't know what the source or provenance is). Calling it a "prototype" is very suspect to me. It is a terrifically distorted casting and is a giant step backward from the screen used chain of helmets in detail and geometry. So it may have been an experiment that was abandoned by the crew or, more likely to my mind, a crappy pull that someone decided to keep and decided to fart around with. Even if it is a production pull it's so hideous I wouldn't touch.

Yeah, that just looks like some lopsided test subject. They probably kept it around on accident and now that it's a huge industry are just trying to sell it. I am super surprised that no one touched it at all though.

I really don't get the slave Leia price. I understand that this is likely the closest someone will get to owning a 'real' slave Leia, but over half of the costume is a reproduction. Did the winning bidder read the description?

The buyer got original parts and prototype parts from the personal collection of the original sculptor of the costume. I'd say that's pretty real!

It all hinges on what the market will bear.

The buyer got original parts and prototype parts from the personal collection of the original sculptor of the costume. I'd say that's pretty real!

It all hinges on what the market will bear.

Yes, I get that...I read the listing. Hey, to each their own, I agree. Just seemed on the high side, but what do I know? lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back