Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

for $20.15 per bottle you'd expect it to be more screen accurate. Hopefully it comes with something extra

They won't because, face it, they really don't care, and this proves it. At least NIKE made their movie replica by using the one of the screen used shoes.

I don't get their logic though, it's just a basic bottle, with bog-standard Pepsi inside. That SCREAMS 'mass market' to me.

6500 units is hardly "mass market". What a joke and someone should sack their whole marketing department. I was actually excited about this up to a few hours ago. Now I am just annoyed with them to the point I want to leave something rude on their facebook page.

Surely it would have made more sense to have released this as a standard product around the world? They could still have come out with a 'deluxe' version for superfans, sold empty as a sports bottle and featuring a more accurate design.

It's the Nike Mag fiasco all over again.

Exactly. $130 975 Vs $1,000,000's they could have made world wide. And unlike NIKE shoes, this plastic bottle is much easier and cheaper to make, so this is really **** poor IMO.

A company that big probably doesn't want to be associated to the film industry, it's not just a simple product placement. They already have a ready made design and they probably don't want to change it just because of back to the future.

If they didn't want to be associated with the film industry, then they should not have even gone here. Instead they decided to leverage off a film only to do a half assed job. No wonder they are in 2nd place.

I'll say. Pepsi had to come along with their good intentions just when I thought people had finally stopped complaining about the shoes.

A real fiasco.

No people have not stopped complaining about the shoes and now they have been given another thing to complain about.

Last edited:
Once again BTTF fans are getting the shaft on a official replica. Pepsi, Mattel and Nike can all go eat manure.

Your move Pizza Hut...

Shafted again. By the looks of it, Australian Pizza Hut doesn't even have a 15" base. The "New Yorker" was the best thing they did back in '02 with the corn bread base.

6500? Man... I'm really hoping that was a typo. And to make matters worse they are giving 1500 of them away at the NYCC (or is that an additional 1500). Honestly, it doesn't matter either way. This is just a bad idea and TERRIBLE marketing right along the lines of the first Air Mags.

Here is a bit of perspective. The BTTF Concert at the Hollywood Bowl - OVER 16,000 people and at nearly full capacity. That's TEN THOUSAND more people than Pepsi is making bottles. I can gurantee you right now almost every person at that concert would have bought one of these, if not MULTIPLES.

I don't think the situation could get any more cut and dry than that.

Truth be told, it's terribly innaccurate and if you have a replica from a screen used bottle you are infinitely better off. However as a casual/hardcore BTTF Fan, this is something you will no doubt want to have. 6500 just screams at an attempt to get the secondary market all hyped up and inflated. Just a poor move on Pepsi's part.

Here's hoping they will shortly come to their senses and realize a much bigger production run is in order.

-Gary

Yeah, uh, gimme a Tab.
I can't give ya a tab if you don't order nothing!
Listen just gimme a Pepsi Perfect.
You want a Pepsi Perfect, you gotta pay $250 for it on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say it was logical. People still talk about the Air Mags, so someone at Nike Marketing probably thinks they did a good job with that fiasco as well :)

I tend to believe that if it dosen't make sense, it's usually not true. The more likely answer is that they're testing the waters with a small batch to see what demand is like. Of course that dosen't sell papers quite as well as "Pepsi invents new way to screw over BTTF fans!"

I tend to believe that if it dosen't make sense, it's usually not true. The more likely answer is that they're testing the waters with a small batch to see what demand is like. Of course that dosen't sell papers quite as well as "Pepsi invents new way to screw over BTTF fans!"

I wonder how much they paid for the advertisement, and to have it aired on live tv... Should have saved this money for a bigger production lol.

Exactly, why actually go through the effort of making a commercial and marketing campaign for something you simply don't have enough of. I really do hope this whole 6500 number is BS. It's insanely too low.

-Gary

I truly don't understand why HUGE companies do this. It really makes no sense at all. Why would they not want to sell these worldwide?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back