Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

If Universal has the license, the best thing to do is an unbranded empty clear bottle with a blue top, they already made the unbranded shoes so why stop there haha!

I think Emma is right. Pepsi have made the required percentage change to cover their ***. I have not been able to find a high rez image of the logo yet, but am guessing that is been changed as well.

They won't release the bottle as a thick collectible due to cost and they can't have a flip top if the bottle contains a pressurized liquid. I'm impressed that actually made the lid like a small cup to give the bottle its closer than a typical soft drink shape.

Honestly I think you guys are over complicating the reasons for the changes. It's most likely that they need the bottle to fit 20 ounces to match their other bottles. Then they need to make a bottle that can handle the pressures of a carbonated beverage which will likely dictate a specific shape.

So they started with something close, then built it to match those limitations.

I'm just glad they're doing this because one of the projects I had on the horizon for the next 18 months was to experiment with blow molding bottles. So they saved me the effort. Haha

-Nick

Honestly I think you guys are over complicating the reasons for the changes. It's most likely that they need the bottle to fit 20 ounces to match their other bottles. Then they need to make a bottle that can handle the pressures of a carbonated beverage which will likely dictate a specific shape.

The pressure in the bottle is one reason for sure.

I'm just glad they're doing this because one of the projects I had on the horizon for the next 18 months was to experiment with blow molding bottles. So they saved me the effort. Haha

-Nick

I had actually lined up some blanks from Coke to vacuum form in a female tool. Still will do this if I get the blanks.

"Water bottles" would be a good way to make the bottle and keep the flip top and shape, not an actual soda bottle, but a refillable water bottle labelled with a Pepsi logo (that we can cover with our own printed accurate label.) And hey, people can pour in a Pepsi and still drink soda in it

Pepsi Perfect logo - Screenshot from the commercial pepsi 1.jpg

For whatever reason, they designed $50 bills and $5s. I think Doc says 'fifty' in the dialog, but $5 would fit the hypothetical inflation better:

Cost of soda:

1955 = $0.05
1985 = $0.50
2015 = $5.00

-MJ

I'm hearing these bottles will have a rather high price point. North of $15 per bottle....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/10/04/pepsi-perfect-back-to-the-future/73224922/

The bottle is a limited edition collectible — Pepsi is planning on only making a run of 6,500 bottles — and will be sold only while supplies last. Those looking to purchase the bottle can do so for $20.15, not quite as pricey as the $50 that Christopher Lloyd's Doc Brown gave Marty in the film. The bottle will be sold online, though Pepsi recommends fans check out the company's social media pages closer to the Oct. 21 launch date to know exactly where they can purchase it.

Pepsi will also be distributing 1,500 Pepsi Perfect bottles ahead of its general release during New York Comic Con this week to fans dressed as Marty looking to "complete their outfit," Arbetter says.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get their logic though, it's just a basic bottle, with bog-standard Pepsi inside. That SCREAMS 'mass market' to me.

Surely it would have made more sense to have released this as a standard product around the world? They could still have come out with a 'deluxe' version for superfans, sold empty as a sports bottle and featuring a more accurate design.

It's the Nike Mag fiasco all over again.

A company that big probably doesn't want to be associated to the film industry, it's not just a simple product placement. They already have a ready made design and they probably don't want to change it just because of back to the future.

I'm not talking about a permanent change, just for a few months in 2015. They've already taken the complicated movie design and streamlined it down to a product that can be easily mass-produced, that's half the work right there.

They would have made a lot more money that way I reckon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back