Into The Badlands

I'm finishing up season 1 right now of this show. I'm really enjoying it, but I have a question. I am assuming this is Earth at some point in time, why don't they have any guns?

At some point, hundreds of years ago, I believe after war decimated everything, humanity universally agreed outlaw guns.

Not sure how that ever succeeded in that one, but hey, I can buy it for purposes of the show's setting

I believe the Badlands is supposed to be somewhere in the former United States

I saw that 1st season in my list on Netflix for a while, and finally gave it a shot, while having NO idea what I was about to watch.

I was pretty pleased with it. The fight scenes are awesome. They remind me of the subtitled Chinese flicks I'd see (on CFMT Ontario if I recall correctly) as a kid in the 80's.

I love the post apocalyptic concept of a feudal system coming into being. Makes sense to me. And mixing in the martial art style of fighting just makes it seem more global, while taking place in the US.

And there are nice twists that I won't spoil here for those who haven't watched. So it has some mild un-predictable aspects to it, without it seeming stupid.

Long story short: it's fun to watch.

I'm starting up on season 2 now.

So, is the city on MK's pendant the place where the monks are? For some strange reason, I kept thinking it was going to be some weird reference to The Wizard Of Oz. That city on the pendant sure looks a lot like The Emerald City.

I watched a good bit of the first season as a good portion was filmed at me families old house, Evergreen. Pretty cool props, I'd love to see some build pictures.

Where is your shop Pat? I'm outside NOLA in Gonzales. We're in the thick of building for AMC's Preacher season 3 right now. This new season is going to blow the last two seasons away in terms of crazy and cool props.

Beck

I've seen the first episode, have the second one on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes

I recorded the new season back at the beginning of the summer when it aired. Just now got around to watching it. The whole season is pretty dumb. I like a fun martial arts show as much as the next guy, but geez, these guys go way overboard on the wire work. In just the first ten minutes of the first episode the Widow and the other guy are doing fight stuff that would make the Power Rangers cringe. She sticks two swords in the dirt and then balances on the hilts of them in stiletto heels? I also didn't realize that if you stick a sword into a stone wall you could then jump on it and it would catapult you forty feet in the air to the top of a castle wall.

Then later on in the series Sonny is carrying a baby in his backpack, yet he is fighting ten guys, jumping all over the place, and spinning around like a maniac on speed. I'm thinking "My God Sonny, you just shook that baby to death!!" Just watching the fight and keeping your eyes on the backpack, knowing there is a baby in it, is disturbing.

Also I love the way the, during a fight, the Widow goes from wearing 6 inch stiletto heels, to boots with large heels, to no heels at all, and straight back to stilettos all in less than a minute.

The whole premise of this show is just stupid. I realize there was an apocalypse or something, but what happened to all the guns? Cars still work, but all the guns died? How did everyone in the world become Bruce Lee equivalent kung fu fighters and sword masters?

........all that being said.....yeah, I'll probably watch the next season, if there is one.:lol

I think I still need to finish Season 2. I wish their Netflix release schedule was more consistent. Plus, the AMC app is always crashing on me.

Anybody catch the last half of the season? I had been DVRing it for the last several weeks, decided last night I would check it out. After about 30 minutes I realized I just flat don't care about anything that happens to any of these characters. The first two seasons at least kept me half ass interested. Now, I suppose I'll just delete the whole thing.

It's just.......no good.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back